Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK SNL's Michael Che Sparks Backlash for 'Sexist and Ageist' Comments During Weekend Update

Are we becoming too sensitive? Society can't face the truths about humanity that were once a common standard. It's an indication of the growing turmoil that is spreading across the globe. Apparently no one can take a joke anymore. The lines WERE funny!

IAJO163 8 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"... like pulling a penny out of a wad of gum" is offensive. But I think that's sort of what you expect from SNL?

I mean not deeply offensive but perhaps the sort of humor that would have appealed to you at 20 years old? Before you knew there was truly clever humor out there to be had.

Him dead naming Caitlyn Jenner the week before was pretty unforgivable - maybe he's trying to say he's ready to be retired?

I thought it was a comedian's job to be be brutally yet humorously honest? To make people see something that they refused to or denied. It seems that the network is afraid of a lawsuit. #notmetoo LOL!!!

@IAJO163 Hey I saw the episode and wasn't upset. But he actually said right before that set - 'These are the jokes that weren't approved'.
He knew what he was doing. It's probably also his job not to get his bosses entirely pissed off.
It's SNL not an HBO comedy special.

@RavenCT Sometimes I step over the edge and piss a few people off but they eventually get over it. It seems that people today have never been subjected to the likes of Don Rickles.

@IAJO163 I didn't always love his humor either. But some of it's classic.

Humor is so incredibly subjective that humans are always trying to find where the limits are.

The outrage seems kind of strange. Perhaps all but one ("chalky milk" ) of those punchlines aren't based on stereotypes, but on realities of common problems women face in their senior years.

Where is the evidence of "truths about humanity that were once a common standard" [citation needed]

I'm afraid that political correctness is taking over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:422255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.