Agnostic.com

17 2

Schedules

How many of you out there have crazy schedules?? I am a musician and also work 2 part time jobs, so I work days and nights. It makes it real hard to find someone who also has this kind of schedule to spend time with...but I keep trying. #nightandday #lonely #spontaneous

Seeker55 8 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ask them who their favorite bass players are. Please post it here.

I am the mother of two bass players. Two.

I have been both a night person & a day person. Different cultures for sure. Currently I permit the light cycle of the Sun to determine my wake sleep routine. I have been blessed with opportunities to pursue a variety of occupations. I am reaping what I sowed here on the positive side of retirement. I come or go depending on my mood, & the weather.

wow, thats a lot of work. I havent done that since I worked nights and went to college

I have a work schedule and soon a school schedule.

I don't have a crazy schedule, but it can be busy by times. I need my quiet, solitary recovery time, so too much activity can really drain me. But between work, volunteerism, and side projects, it's generally manageable — but I'm not looking for additional companionship on top of my schedule, so that probably makes a difference as well.

Surely with no disrespect, you will be retiring soon and you can concentrate on your music but relax and get to know people who enjoy it too.

they must be out there my friend. your music is a great way to get together for sure.

I work M-F 730am - 4pm. My commute is an hour, 1 way. Then I have gym which is 45 to 90 minutes, depending on what day it is & I strive for 5 days per week in the gym. Once home its tend my chickens, take care of my elderly dog, clean & pack eggs, household chores, pack lunch, lay out work clothes, pack my gym bag, get cleaned up & go to bed, usually around 9pm weekdays, to be up at 5 to do all over again.

Here's the thing, I will totally find time to carve out of my schedule to get to know someone as long as he doesn't come off as needing to be the center of attention and makes demands of my time unreasonably.

I used to, now I schedule time for everything...it's all about time manegement.

Nena Level 6 Mar 24, 2018

Keep trying.

I really don't have time to discuss this with you.🙂

Maybe you can find someone who owns her own business, works remotely, is retired, or works with you in your own vocation.

Yes.... I’m on this insane 8:00 am Mon-Fri. It’s unnatural and exhausting.

Feeling free of responsibility for the first time in life, other than just myself, I’m also enjoying a fairly non-demanding schedule. Nature abhors a void, though, and it’s filling. Much more, and I wonder if there’d/ ‘ll be room for anyone else..?

Varn Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Any entertainment work is bug fuck nuts in scheduling terms. I'm a theatre tech and my VSS-O is a singer. Sometimes we see each other daily and privately, sometimes daily at work, and worst, weeks of not at all. I've had good relationships within the biz, but no lasting ones outside.

@Seeker55 You might really want to think more along those lines.

@Seeker55 Tried it. It hurt worse than failing at the relationships.

Noon till nine - but I do have weekends off. The up side is getting to get business done during the week without taking time off to do it. Made it to the weekend - mini celebration.

I am retired - people like me are free as a bird.

I wish, I am semi retired, but in 19 weeks I will be fully retired for the 4th and hopefully final time. I try and keep organised, everything in my calendar. My only job is really about a dozen different roles. That is supposed to stop but already I am being pressured to keep some of them going. I just want a quiet life, why to people think I should feel obligated.

A month ago I returned from meeting fellow member on west coast - I can relocate if I want to.

exactly.what I plan on doing to all those concerned - lol

@Seeker55 Yep, I can't argue with that. I do try. I really have to say NO much more often.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.