Agnostic.com

13 0

Steroids?

What are your thoughts on steroids for non-competitive personal use?

Danaconda813 4 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long the person knows the risk vs benefits associated with using it....I personally wouldn't use it, the negative health risk far outweighs the benefits.

Your body.
Your life. Your choice.

On a health basic. No.

It's useful medicine. I've been prescibed steroids for a few different things. Long term use is not good!

As long as you're not getting it from suspect sources, you're at least 25 (for a male) , are getting regular blood work with the appropriate physical from a knowledgeable doctor (preferably an endocrinologist) , don't get too crazy with the dose, and do your post cycle therapy the right way to get your own endogenous testosterone restarted it's incredibly safe. Simply compare the number of dead bodies as a percentage of users and anabolic steroids are safer than OTC NSAIDS. It should be your own damn choice. Criminalizing most drugs is kinda stupid but lumping steroid use with heroin, meth and coke is fucking moronic.

I think you're grown, it can't hurt anyone but you, sure you should be able to make your own decisions

I heard that steroids act as artificial testosterone. If you take steroids your body stops making its own testosterone because it thinks it has enough testosterone.and your penis and testicles will shrink. So you end up with big muscles and a small dick.

There's some truth to that but not completely.

Your dick doesn't shrink. Your testicles shrink until you restart your own endogenous testosterone with the post cycle therapy.

It's a personal choice, period.

Not good for you. Ask the athletes who died of cancer taking them.

Lots of things aren't good for you though. Alcohol, cigarettes, trans fats... All perfectly legal.

Its your body your decision.

No evidence whatsoever linking anabolic steroid use with cancer.

what about that football player who wore head scarf? Can't remember his name. 70s or80s

@sassygirl3869 Also speaking as a Cancer Survivor - messing with your hormone balance is just not good. A lot of cancers are fed off hormones.

I'm not searching for a study because I know what mood swings I have on steroids (for asthma) and have told my Dr - Never Again.

I can't imagine people feel good on them?

Had to take them too-hated them as well. Never again.

@sassygirl3869 @RavenCT You're talking about one single case, Lyle Alzado BTW, which of course does not a correlation make. Also I'm talking about anabolic steroids not corticosteroids which is what you're talking about. Yes they are both steroids but are used very differently. Anabolic steroids, or testosterone and derivatives of testosterone, are powerful drugs and one should be careful when using them which is why I said they should be taken under the supervision of a knowledgeable doctor.

@kmdskit3 Are there Drs who prescribe this? And for what reason? Just curious.

@kmdskit3 Also still messes with your hormones. If people want to take the risk I guess that's up to them.

@RavenCT Yes they are powerful drugs. Look farther up in the comments for my understanding on how to be safe using them. They can be prescribed for many reasons. One is low endogenous (produced by your body) testosterone which can be very detrimental as low testosterone, in men and women, is linked to a whole host of problems including depression. Another is hormone replacement therapy for aging men just like there is HRT for aging women. That is why I am taking male HRT under the supervision of my endocrinologist.

Do you eat meat? If so you are on steroids. Do you take meds of any kind? If so you are likely on steroids.

I knew that cow looked jacked.

I say let everyone use steroids, professional athletes included. We get so precious about performance-enhancing substances in sports, but it's a continual, ineffective struggle to police it. So let them take whatever they like, in any amount, and take away the competitive advantage. (I'm being cynical and sarcastic, but kind of serious at the same time.)

Sometimes useful if medically prescribed ... otherwise , put what you like in your own body , the risks are all yours .

I don't see why

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.