Agnostic.com

8 8

This kind of illustrates the tone of religiosity at my parent's house. THe statue is St Paul. You can see who they are rooting for in the basketball tournament and the tinsel wig is what someone wears when they feel a certain team needs some special ju ju

btroje 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

😀 respect!

Put the same image on toast or a garage door and it becomes Jesus! 🙂

don't give them ideas

a more proper use.

I still remember house hunting in 2002.

The realtor brings me into a house - and there are giant religious statues everywhere - with lit candles at their bases (and no one home). This included a Jesus at the top of the stairs to the second floor that bent forward at the waist and semi-blocked the stairwell.

Even if I'd liked the house - I'd never have bought it. It was weird.

Yes that tiny bust set off a whole chain of thought.

not quite the same but I recall going into a house that was getting repaired to be for sale. The former owner had removed a lot of the electrical wiring and turned the outlet receptacles into tiny cabinets with professionally finished doors shelvings etc. THere was an additional plus of hand painted miniature hatchets all along the top of the wall where they had removed the crown molding. Who knows what other suprises were in store?

@btroje Oh gees. Then again when painting the basement finished room here a DCFS file fell out of the ceiling - (Manila Envelop).

The kid who lived here last with his Mom was a Satanist. rofl
I died laughing over that one. Well and I've worked in Mental Health so I knew it was just a teen drama thing. Also 'Atheist' so it didn't really concern me.

Hatchets... rofl....

cool. Having fun with Saints? Both kinds?

Louisville Cardinal fans

Yeah, and there's the nun who "talked to god" about Loyola's basketball team.
They lost anyway. LOL

I'll never think of my alma mater in quite the same way again. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.