Agnostic.com

4 4

Ways in which we resit our creative sides using "healing."

The Subculture of “Healing”: The concept in all these “healing” environments seems to be that one needs to complete his healing before he is ready to do his work.

What are we trying to heal, anyway? The athlete knows the day will never come when he wakes up pain-free. He has to play hurt.

Remember, the part of us that we imagine needs healing is not the part of us we create from; that part is far deeper and stronger. The part we create from can’t be touched by anything our parents did, or society did. That part is unsullied, uncorrupted; soundproof, waterproof, and bulletproof. In fact, the more troubles we’ve got, the better and richer that part becomes.

What better way of healing than to find our center of self-sovereignty?

We all need healing, but it has nothing to do with doing our work and it can be a colossal exercise in Resistance. Resistance loves “healing.” Resistance knows the more psychic energy we expend dredging and re-dredging the tired, boring injustices of our personal lives, the less juice we have to do our work.

~ Steven Pressfield

Benthoven 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Healing is simply the overcoming tragedy or emotional trauma, learning from the experience without emotional scarring that would lead one to withdraw from much of life. It is sometimes hard won, but prevents us from wasting energy in protecting instaed of moving ahead positively.

When Woody Allen had visited a psychoanalyst for 22 years someone inquired if he was cured and he replied, no. When it was suggested that there was no point to it and that he should terminate the arrangement he replied that he saw no reason for spoiling a good friendship.

My 'work' is playing music. It is always a big part of my healing.

I needed to recover from my dysfunctional family before I could move on to being the independent, liberal, freethinking woman I am today. An Inner Child Program let me relive the pain and learn to move on and find a career and succeed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.