Agnostic.com

11 2

How do you like being single if you are?

If you are a woman, do you mind going out alone? What about eating out alone, going to the show alone, or traveling alone?

2muchstupidity 6 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm great no one to ask if I can buy whatever with my own money .... I eat when I want sleep when I want no cigarette smoke to wake me at night or coughing other than my asshole brother

my son on the other hand is having a real hard time his gf died the day before she moved in with him and it has crushed him

Like everything in life there are trade offs. Just as in a relationship there are good things, and there are things that are not so good. It is called life.

I am 49. I am living alone w my dogs for 13 yrs and I like it . Been single is not exactly the plegue 😂 Living w anyone who makes u feel lonely is worse .
My best friends are a plane ride away , and I love airports😂
My fair weather friends , I see them when I work , I am sick of these cats and they are sick of me , I rather go out and eat alone 😂
Love and sex and company of a man : well . What should I do ? Put a neon flash light on my forehead and walk the street as " available "? Ain't happening 😂 And it's ok !
Life is good regardless . We are Alive . Got a roof , got few bucks , got friends , and a job to contribute something in this shitty world . Rest are a bonus . If it happens , great . If not , no big deal 😂

...and a job to contribute something in this shitty world” Well said, me, too 🙂

Amen sister!!!

Love it. Right now, I'm on a solo trip to Hawaii. I've saved a lot of money and been in total control of everything I've done.

It's been like this for a good portion of my life now that I don't even think about it much anymore. I like not having to answer to anyone but I do miss going out and sometime doing things together that like the same interests. I love being on my own really but hanging out with someone is nice on occasion, not all the time.

I think married people don't fully understand it. I find them to be contrite to single people sometimes. Wish I had a twin!! Lol..

@2muchstupidity I've wished for a twin form time to time,, and thought, "Could I put up with me?"

I ADORE having control of the remote, eating what/when I like, getting dressed ditto.
I am also president of a Seniors single club, so I can dine-out, play cards, attend movies etc with members/friends. The ideal world!
Try "Meetup" online, find groups near you by "interest" and expand your circle of friends!

Proud of you girlfriend!!

I'm single and I hate being alone ALL THE TIME. There should be some middle ground, where you can have some company without being so isolated.

Agree! Hang in!

Shared a bedroom with a brother; had a gf move in a week after I’d left home (she could see my place was to be party-central, so moved in to shut that down); married her; spent ..25 good years with her and our children; finished raising said children after she took off; and had ‘not until now’ ever lived alone.

At first, surreal ..lonesome to tears ~ considered a dog, even a cat. Granted, 3K miles from family & friends, and starting over, alone. Now - I am loving it(!). As others must assume I’m missing out on something ... as did I for seemingly the longest time, lately, that ‘been there done that’ feeling has taken charge. And what I’ve not done, live alone, is having it’s turn 🙂

I’ve mentioned living in a tourist town.. so witness a lot of semi-retired folks, couples, my age… With too many ..it’s painfully obvious the trap they’re in. I try hard not to let it show on my face. And, I remember that … having someone feeling in constant need ..or that it’s ‘their job’ to remind you, guide you, and limit you from doing anything not considered acceptable, impressive, or simply ‘normal.’ No thanks - no more.

I’m sure she’s out there ...somewhere. Someone who’d appreciate my take, give me some space, yet be drawn to me as I’d be drawn to her.. But spending the years I’ve left frantically searching ..as I’ve done… is not how I care to go down. And, I’ll occasionally mutter to myself ..after observing another long-married ‘loving couple’ … be careful what you wish for...

Varn Level 8 Nov 17, 2019

I can relate to other boring couples hanging in with all the "training" they've received through the years! Hehehe...
Good for you!!

I loved my husband and will always miss him. However, if I cannot have him, I prefer going solo. Decision making is simple and the money is enough, for one. I enjoy my life style. After some dating, I find doing life on my own MUCH more preferable to a sub par relationship. I am on my own, but seldom lonely.

Zster Level 8 Nov 17, 2019

I find dating and dating aPS too complicated!! U know..don't do this and don't say that..Yada yada....

I prefer at least one woman in my life; though, single is not too bad. Being alone is OK sometimes, but being lonely is not, especially if your spouse is watching TV next to you.

Yeah, like football!! Lol..

@2muchstupidity I get that for being on Agnostic.

You have sometimes to be content with the little things in life which are good, and enjoying them alone. But it is hard to forget, ( and I don't think you should ) that good things are always ten, a thousand, times better when shared.

And sometimes safer!! I hate driving alone at night to places I've been invited to but never been to before! Scary!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:427542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.