Agnostic.com

19 5

Who has played Dungeons and Dragons

Who here has played D&D? If so what version? If not why not?

• 23 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 4 votes
Ldox 4 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love D&D It is one of my favorite past time..

Yup.
Currently, I'm running 5e and Earthdawn

My foray into D&D has only been recently, not in my youth. It's an amazing experience for creative and imaginitive people!

Zster Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

Yes it is. It promotes creativity, imagination and team work.

Started playing AD&D in middle school when my buddy's dad would DM for us. Have three campaigns running currently. Two are AD&D, one of which I DM, and one is 5th Edition. It is a great outlet for creativity, and you can play around with some interesting ideas through role-playing and world building.

Antz Level 2 Mar 25, 2018

The I.T. Crowd - Dungeons & Dragons

Jnei Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

Played all of yesterday afternoon . Had a blast . Plan to play next Saturday as well .

Nice I am planning on playing today and several days next week. I use it to help my 14 year old son's education. He learns and has fun doing it.

I played about 20 years ago. It was fun at the time.

I was part of a group in high school and a little after.

It is a great, imaginative game.

Awwww yiss, all the way from 2nd Edition and up. Gotta say, I'm quite impressed with 5th though, far more elegant than I thought it would be. Definitely made up for that 4th garbage fire.

AD&D with my high school buddies. Graduated in '81 and none of us ever found a group as inventive or intelligent. Yeah I'm bragging but please try and prove me wrong! 🙂

I’m 65 years old and just started playing a month ago and I love it. My son is the DM and it’s a great thing we share.

Awesome! My daughter is our DM. My younger son is learning the ropes (of DMing). I love it!

IF I had, i'd never admit it 😉

Coward!

If Vin Diesel is man enough to admit it, you can too.

I started playing in the late 80s and it was 2nd edition AD&D. Never did go up to 3rd edition and higher. I had invested way too much money on 2nd edition, wasn't about to invest some more. Plus the prices seemed to have gone up quite a bit after TSR was bought out by WOTC. I still have all of my 2nd edition books, box sets, and other goodies.

Nice I am of the same vain. Though I feel D&D was not the D&D I loved when WOTC began changing it. I might give 5e a chance though. Many of said that 5e pays homage to 2e.

Played with my friends in high school. Now I play with my kids. They are all adults.....

I've been playing since... 99 I think? Every iteration since 3.0, plus Pathfinder, d20 modern, GURPS, d6 system, CODA (both Star Trek and LotR) and probably a dozen others. Pathfinder and 5e are my favorite atm. I hated 4e when it came out, but I've since listened to a campaign that's kinda changed my mind.

I always wanted to, but anyone that did play would only let me watch their campaign, and none of MY friends and I could find time or money or energy to meet up

I love that. The funny thing is all you really need to game is your imagination. I have a campaign running right now with two of my players not even in the same state. We find a way using the Internet. Find a group have fun and go slay some orcs.

My son and a friend come to my place and we play with two other guys locally and my son’s girlfriend in Canada. We use Roll20 and Discord. I’m a newbie but I’m learning fast and love the role playing as much or more than the battles.

Yes, many moons ago.

yes, many moons ago, when i was young, like late 70,s and 80,s , now passed on all my old and rare models,hand painted, gary gyrax first editions, books etc, to one of my sons, he was about three, then, now in his thirties,

It has been over 20 years ago.

Yah I just started back up with my 14 year old son. lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42815
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.