Agnostic.com

10 13

Too excited to sleep. Has it happened to you?

Yesterday, I continued interviewing the girl I'm mentoring this year. An introvert, Daniela does not discuss her feelings. But to win scholarships, scholarship committees needs to learn who she is as a person.

"I'll highlight gems from my interview notes," I told Daniela. "I'll type them up and send it to you with the order of paragraphs. You can craft a personal essay from that."

Last night, I got carried away and dashed off a very rough draft. At 4 a.m. I awoke, electrified, mind buzzing with edits. Laid in bed obediently ("at least I'm resting." )

Oh for heaven's sake! Today I'm hiking with Karen to the summit of Mission Ridge Ski Area, gaining 2,000 feet of elevation over three miles. We don't walk up the rocky service road. Noooo.... we charge up steep ski runs instead.

Bashes forehead on desk. Sometimes my ebullience gets in the way.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I learned in college (1977) not to work on something just before going go bed. I was taking my first semester of FORTRAN and wrote out all the code for a programming assignment late one night with the intention of going to the data center the next day to type it in, run it and debug it. When I went to bed I closed my eyes and proceeded to debug the program in my head and could not get to sleep. I had to get dressed and go to the data center that night to finish the assignment so that I could get some sleep.

Perhaps I should get you to mentor me with my personal statement for University!

It depends on numerous factors.
Generally, it's not out of "excitement".
Usually, if it happens, it's out of anxiety over perceived unpleasantness that
is in the offing.

Mindfulness works for me. I have a CD of exercises where a person with a mellifluous voice guides me through a series of thoughts leasing to the now. Works every time.

Oh... enjoying life to the fullest.

Yes, many times.....

Must say i had 9 hours last night in bed restless toss and turning,pee breaks,,CPAP only showed .5 trouble is now when i need a pee break my mind starts running wild but have no urgent pee feeling ,so sort of force my self up. But Having that To excited feeling to sleep,,use to get that a lot when i was growing up about happennings the next day but not so much now but it does happen,,things just are not as a big a deal as when you were younger ,But i must say it is a precious feeling to get and cherish

Not for a long time.

Looks like an evening nap is in the works.

I always enjoy a nap before bedtime.

I can't sleep if I am excited about the next day-a trip, seeing an old friend, moving, etc.

@ssaygirl3869

Thanks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:428593
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.