Agnostic.com

28 1

How open are you about debate?

Are you sensitive to having your ideas challenged?
Do you like to hear other perspectives?
Does it feel like arguing or comrade re when someone disagrees?
Does debate feel like an attack- or an act of respect (that someone would value you enough to bother)?

• 57 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 11 votes
silvereyes 8 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love discussions more than arguments

It's depends! On a discussion people also can disagree
But when people argue and realise they are wrong they starts believing in their on lies just to protect their own opinion.

Debate is great. In this world of partisanship, great debates seem to have been lost in the lies, which is hardly surprising.

I don't mind debate, but as the sayine goes, "People are entitled to their own opinions, but they re not entitled to (make up) their own facts. " There is way too much misinformation out in the world right now for debate to be a desirable to use my time. In order for debate to work both parties have to have a mostly agrread upon set of facts or a common belief about what is or is not true.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.