Agnostic.com

8 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Australian is currently debating a law to protect religious rights, commonly thought as a law to allow Christians to be bigots. The PM is a "happy clapper".

Oh you naughty boy, picking on our Happy Clappy, Jesus Chappy Prime Minister like that, he might just 'spit the dummy' and decide to send the entire Hillsong Congregation after you....LOL.
Or, even worse, send Budgie Smugglers Abbott around to your house....LOL.

@Triphid I hadn't thought this through. More of them knocking on my door! A true terror campaign.

@Catholic yeah but it'd be good fun to be able to tell that you're a bit busy because you have a nice, fat, milk fed baby in the oven roasting slowly for the night's dinner....LOL.

Except, "religious rights" trump human rights, every time.

Any absolute right for a person would negate rights for others, That is why the law needs to maximize them and not absolutely guarantee them. It is always a trade of.
Absolute freedom of speech can generate abuses ans the fake news epidemy.
private property abuses can generate example of villages without water because a factory (Nestle) bought the lands around the sole source of water and then close the tap for the rest of the village.
And other many examples.

religion is part of culture and for some people it is impossible to separate the religion from their identity. And sometimes force a community that has this belief to do the contrary is simply generating hatred amongst them, but at the same time it is easy to claim freedom of religion to go around the law. Tat is why those stuff need to be watched case by case.

They are now 😟

If you get enough right wing judges they will.

Laws are only good if enforced. If not enforced, they have no teeth and might as well not be a law.

Unless they are.

Yeah, I Madison is correct but I think in real life it matters who's in power. If pence becomes Pres guess what.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:430828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.