Agnostic.com

44 2

Worry about hells?

How often do you worry about being banished to the hell of a religion different from the one you may have learned about as a child?

• 97 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 14 votes
dayII 6 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

lt is real. I have been there. It is called by many names, but the folks who live there call it North Dakota!

Why should I worry about freezing forever in a Scandinavian hell for not making blood sacrifices to Odin?
Besides, it beats the heat. 🙂

Never gave it a thought.

Which hell should we worry about?

Hell no

All the best people seem to be bound for one hell or another, I'm in!

If I don’t believe in heaven it follows hell is made up too.

No, I didn’t worry about hell but I was a bit bothered about how sinners got to sin and then repent and be forgiven. The people that were well behaved seemed to lose out somewhat 😁

I was steeped in the hell view as a child along with the belief that questioning the truth of Christianity was sure to send you there; this was supported by the further doctrine that the human mind was 'fallen" so that the devil could make a lie look like the truth to any mind not anchored in faith. What's a 10-year old child to do in such a community?!

Well I reckon I won't be going even if it exists because the Devil has a Restraining Order out on me since he's scared I'll take over his job and I won't be going upstairs either because Big Sky Daddy also has a Restraining Order on me because he knows full well that I could do his job better than he could ever hope.....LOL.

Yep as a bunch of bullshit.

Every single second of my life!! NOT!!! 🤣😂

Weird question why would you ask this on and it agnostic group? Hell is a construct built by religion to scare people into being controlled. Exploited for money. Etc. Even if there is nothing after death I am fine with that.

some people can’t shake the fear of hell even after escaping religion. fear isn’t always rational, and when you spend your entire life being told you’re going to suffer for eternity if you step out of line, it can be hard to undo that damage.

@basher Maybe 50 years ago. But rationality will kick their ass

@PinkyandtheBrain people still get it forced into their heads as children now. religion can cause trauma that can be really difficult to overcome. fear isn’t always logical.

Hell does not exist, along with gods, demons, angels heavens, hell,spirits, there just imaginary things created in the mind, I'm going along with what Ron Reagan says "not afraid of burning in hell"

Why even bother worrying about something that has never really existed in the first place?

if i am wrong and hell exists. i look forward to it. lol but since it doesn't exist why worry bout it. besides if hell actually existed, i would arrive down there and first thing i would say is, where's the party ?

My thoughts too. If I show up I'm going to take pleasure welcoming all the hypocritical self righteous.

Hell no!

Heaven and hell are equally illogical. Why worry about something that very likely doesn't exist? I don't worry about god or goddesses in my daily life, why worry about hell and demons? It has no impact on my day to day life.

@Duchess_Nyx I don't like to say anything is certain about what I can't know. But (again) I'd say it's almost certainly not the God of the Bible or the hell of the Christian faith.

There are other issues with that too. Growing up in the Christian faith I am also convinced that their god is not moral and people are doomed to hell for petty reasons. That also makes me think it's nearly certainly not a real destination.

It doesn't bother me anyhow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:432485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.