Agnostic.com

6 17

A Family Wolf Encounter

I feel happy we have the Teanaway wolf pack in the mountains that travels between Blewett Pass and Mission Ridge Ski Area in Wenatchee.

On October 22, Karen and I saw a wolf track in snow above Tronsen Meadows near Blewett Pass. We were thrilled.

Historically, gray wolves were common throughout much of Washington, but were all but wiped out by humans by the 1930s. In 2008, Washington wildlife managers documented the state’s first breeding wolf pack in modern times.

They like came from Canada.

[wenatcheeoutdoors.org]

[wdfw.wa.gov]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is thought that the last wolf in Scotland was killed in 1680 and despite the current interest in "rewilding" it is almost certain that wolves will never be introduced. Beavers have been reintroduced and there is talk of reintroducing European Lynx in a couple of places but that's about all.
There is a wildlife park near where I live, really just a zoo where the animals have lots of room to move about in. and there is a small pack of wolves in a wooded area. Beautiful animals.

We have several active pacts near here as they were reintroduced years ago. It's been a real upward battle as many of the ranchers have battled their right to be here at every step. Several local businesses had signs against the wolves so I refuse to do business with them. We've had several sunrise pictures that when when I look at them on the computer I can see a pack. Other than that I haven't been so lucky.

gearl Level 8 Dec 1, 2019

Beautiful family story

Cool!

Awesome

They are superb animals ... one of my greatest days was spent playing with a captive bred pack
they get a bad press and deserve a place in the forests and hills around you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:433469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.