Agnostic.com

14 2

Atheist/Agnostic

What's the difference between an atheist and an Agnostic?

Ramone 5 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depends on who you ask, which is why you should never ask other people for labels. Ask them to elaborate on their beliefs or lack thereof.

They are pronounced differently (piling on now)

twill Level 7 Dec 25, 2019

They are spelled differently

twill Level 7 Dec 25, 2019

No difference. Religion is bullshit.

Zero difference...both know there is zero evidence for any alleged gawds.... Agnostics fall into the trap of proving a negative..... Atheists do not disprove believers allegations INSTEAD demanding proof from them for their impossible ex nihlo "creator"

I'm with Penn Jillette on this: Agnostic and atheist answer two different questions:

Agnostic: We cannot know fur shur how our universe started: we are without knowledge.

Atheist: There ain't no all-powerful invisible critters: there is no reliable proof of such a being.

And I agree with Sam, and Christopher,... 'Atheist' is a word created by theists to identify their 'enemies.'

No words for not believing in santa, unicorns, astrology,...

I am an anti-theist because I oppose religionists imposing their mental illness on all us good folks.

You are awesome. 🤣

Google it.

In the less-than 3 months since I started, I think I have posted this half-a-dozen times :

[en.wikipedia.org]

. . . beating a dead horse much ? 😛

We must tolerate, and educate, with kindness, the noobs. That is an obligation for getting here sooner.

I cannot prove god's existence or non-existence. I am an agnostic.
I do not believe that any god exists. I am an atheist.
Hence, I am an agnostic atheist.

When we die, are we anything other than dead? I don't try to waste my time on this argument unless in the presence of some blatant illogical viewpoint which I have the option of debating it or removing myself from it. The label only means something to identify ourselves and doesn't represent an identical belief as many of us have different ways of looking at things.

I think mostly they overlap. Here is hwo I see it....

Most atheists will revise their views if there should ever be any actual factual proof ever found. It is just mos tatheists do't think there ever will be any proof found.

Agnostics are more reticent about the idea of no proof of the existence of a god or gods ever being found ever. They just hold out that for them the possibility seems strong enough that they can't totally dismiss the idea that someday proof may be found.

Agnostics have blue eyes and atheists have brown.

Watch out for the ones with green because they haven’t picked a side yet.

I am a green eyed atheist 🙂.

they’re not opposites. i think there’s a concept of a “true agnostic,” who claims neither belief nor disbelief. but agnosticism is only about knowledge. there are agnostic christians, though most of them identify as gnostic. atheism is only about belief. i’m an agnostic atheist because i don’t believe in any god but don’t claim and special knowledge.

Not very much. Everyone wants to get technical and start this up again, but I am an Agnostic Atheist. Why do I tell you this? It is because neither side of the god argument can produce proof and the ones making the claims have the burden of proof.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:433997
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.