Agnostic.com

21 12

Why do people fall for stupid fads?

Josh Brolin Tries ‘Perineum Sunning’ And Burns His ‘Pucker Hole’

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stupid fucker.

I guess that's what you get for mooning the sun.

1of5 Level 8 Dec 3, 2019

That's just as bad as anal bleaching.

The answer to your question...... I have no clue. But remember, millions of people bought into the "pet rock" craze. It was just a damn rock.

One of the more stupid fads. I agree.

its fun?

What possible value is there in sunning a part of your body almost no one ever sees? If you're gonna be that obsessive about it, tan the bottom of your feet while you're at it. If you're gonna be stupid, go all out.

People do it for different reasons and not all fads are stupid.

Some people are sheep, must do what others are doing.
I am too much of a non-conformist to follow any fads.

Would you like a psychological or sociological explanation?

What one reads on here lol. Great for a morning laugh with coffee. Yes your right. Common sense is not common anymore

Common sense is so obviously uncommon

Curiosity I suppose. Also fear of missing out on something. Two kinds of people, those who cheer when someone gets ahead and those who ask, why you and not me? The why you people are more likely to follow the fad.

From the link:
"One practitioner, who calls herself Metaphysical Meagan, claims that perineum sunning can regulate hormones as well as sleep patterns.

The man who plays Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe saw the Post story and decided to try it out. "

How dumb do you have to be to go for that idiocy? Did he really think he'd feel and sleep better with a tan asshole? Wow.

Years ago one of my cousins convinced some eastern tourists on a northern AZ bus that they were lucky enough to watch the migration of the rare, white-faced buffalo. At least he thought he did. Even he wasn't sure they were ignorant enough to believe him.

It's amazing what people will buy into. But then you see stories like this so often (assuming of course that the story is entirely legit, ha, ha).

When my father was in elementary school (back in the late 30's/early 40's), he convinced his class and his teacher that popal was the singular of people (not sure how he spelled it).

Ha, ha. I think the spelling is the same - 'people' . You just change the pronunciation. 😎

Maybe this should include extreme hiking? I like your concern for safety... just asking...

@FrostyJim

What do you think is "extreme hiking"?

@LiterateHiker - usually in any sport it is defined as extreme by higher skilled proficiency and expertise in capability and usually a higher appreciation for safety (but not always). As in extreme skiing or rock climbing ...etc....above those considered as novice or even proficient at the same sport.

@FrostyJim

I'm a passionate hiker and don't take extreme risks. For example, I refused to climb to the summit of Labyrinth mountain because it was steep, sliding rock with a sharp drop off.

In this photo, Karen and a Chinese lady stand at the summit. I stayed on a ridge 200 feet below, taking photos. The view was spectacular.

Often people ask me to take them hiking. My style of hiking involves negotiating lively creeks with slippery rocks and blow downs in the creek, and hiking steep trails that often gain 1,000 feet in elevation per mile.

Experience and fitness are needed to: know what equipment, food and clothing to pack, safely hike steep, hazardous trails, pace yourself and prevent falls and injuries.

At my level, hikers are strong, self-assured and independent. We are good at quick decision-making and rapidly evaluating hazards with every step. For example, in an extremely steep, snowy descent, choosing whether to glissade or plunge-step, and using an ice axe and/or crampons makes the difference between hiking safely, or getting injured or killed.

Pure insanity.

Sheep!

That's so freaking dumb!! I wouldn't follow a trend like that! I don't even attempt to keep up with the Joneses.. LoL

Stupid is as stupid does. For the most part, actors should stick to acting. Yikes.......

Pretty dumb. I don't think I'd admit to it if I did it. We used to run around naked in Hawaii but we were not sunning any particular part. Weren't really thinking about it. This was before sun screen.

Lemmings !

Tbf people also fall for smart fads. But media only reports on the tiny segment of people who are slightly famous and willing to throw caution to the wind. The rest of us just muddle through life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:434373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.