Agnostic.com

63 15

Anybody here also childfree?

rickandmorty8 4 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do now have any spawn, but I'm enough of a child for myself.

Same

Never felt the need to have kids. And having them just to be able to prove that there's nothing wrong with me would be horribly wrong!

ABack Level 6 Mar 26, 2018

I decided not to have children when I was 30. My kids weren't happy about that.

Seriously, I am not, but I have a daughter who plans to not have children. She's stood her ground on that since middle school and last year at 25 she had a tubal ligation.

Do you plan to remain childless? If you do, you can expect a lot of b.s. from parents who will be everything from condescending to outright rude. Total strangers will take it upon themselves to change your mind.

Don't worry about them. Don't waste your time explaining yourself. You obviously know what you want, and you are the one who is responsible for your choices. I'm not trying to influence you either way, but I have seen how people react to my daughter, even though it's none of their business.

JimG Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

Yeah I’ve heard horror stories from those that exercise their right to not procreate...not looking forward to strangers telling me they know best for me and mine. It’ll be worth it in the end though

My grandmother, traditional Catholic from Slovenia , screamed at me about my decision not to have children and not fulfilling my duty to provide souls to worship god

I don't regret having kids, but my life would have taken a different course, and I would have opportunities to do a lot more if I hadn't though.

To the best of my knowledge...

Just furry children for me. They are enough trouble.

Remi Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

As a fur mom who came home to a massive escape tunnel yesterday, I completely understand

Yep. Have been since I was a teenager and always will be.

Childfree

Yes child free. and not by accident.life is just as full without kids, if you make it that way

Me, me, me!!

None of my own, but scads of nieces and nephews.

Yup. None for me.

Yes.

Jsxwi Level 4 Mar 25, 2018

Same here.

Mea Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

There’s generally just so much more expected of the woman when it comes to have kids right? (Obviously we can’t get away from the birthing part but the rest doesn’t end up quite equal either)

@rickandmorty8 with up and coming technology, even women may not be subjugated to the birthing process (artificial wombs are super cool). However, yes I agree--a lot of the child rearing expectations do fall on women.

Yup.
Cats only.

Yes, my kids have fur and feathers-much easier to work with. Although children don't usually chew your things 🙂

past a certain point

I have no children.

none

Yes, that I know of

None I have been made aware of

Yes. I am too young to have kids even if I wanted any.

I'm happily childless.

No human children for me, just fur babies. I'm open to kids, though I'd prefer if someone else has already birthed them.

Yeah I'm child free and loving it!

No kids here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.