Agnostic.com

7 28

LINK One of Chicago's oldest churches to become LGBT homeless youth centre

A much better use for the building.... housing the kids religious parents rejected and kicked out.

snytiger6 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's about time!

Well, this may surprise you, but LGBTQ+ kids make up about a third of homeless youth, and they are not made welcome in shelters run by religious organizations or persons. Kids who are not LGBTQ+ have more available resources.

However, if it makes you feel better, when I volunteered for the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center, they never turned away anyway who was in need of the services they provided. The idea is to just makes services available to a population that is usually excluded or overlooked, and not to exclude anyone.

What kind of parents would do that!? Oh wait...is this following Jesus' example, kicking Adam and Eve out from breaking a rule?

Great idea, like to see the same done all over!

That sounds perfect.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 8, 2019

Absolutely LOVE the whole idea and sincerely hope they even adorn the outside with the Rainbow colors as well.

LOVE this! And it looks very modern, open, ... unlike some of the dingy, "it's the best we can afford" places. Wishing them every success.

I'm trying to ditch Facebook, so I opened up a Twitter account last night and retweeted the link to the above article. Since it was on the Pink News website, I just hung out a bit, reading articles.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:435670
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.