Agnostic.com

34 3

About you?

How important is your ethnic background to you? I am such a duke's mixture (as far as I can tell) that it makes me 100% American. What about you? Does it matter?

tioteo 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is kinda interesting, but that's about it.

Genetically speaking, I am 100% Northern European. Culturally, I am fascinated by the source of those genes. Meanwhile, growing up in Texas, environment has predisposed me to learn all manner of things.

I'm a Heinz 57 mixture, too. I look forward to the day everyone is, because then there would hopefully be no racism, no discrimination because of ethnicity.

marga Level 7 Apr 5, 2018

I am Irish, Scottish,British, with a little Viking mixed in. I knew it because of my family names, but it has been fun looking back on my family. I have found civil war soldiers, immigrants, where they come from and where they ended up. It doesn't affect my life in any way, but I enjoy looking and discovering. I'm American, but it is nice to know where I came from.

I always answer "American" when asked about my ethnicity. Beyond looking for medical history I think caring about ethnic background is absolutly worthless. I am who I am independent of how many geniuses or morons I had in my ancestory.

I am proud of my German and Swedish ancestry. I am not proud of the lie that is 'white' .

No.
Appearing "white" still open doors in this area anyhow. I try not to take that for granite.

It's gneiss that you don't take it for granite.

Very. A person's ethnic background usually shapes that person's beliefs and treatment of others. I only date educated, fit, American Caucasians of my social status, who see women as equal with men, for instance. Most non-upperclass whites and races see women as second class citizens, as part of their culture. There are always exceptions, but not something I want to chance.

In my experience, most people of other races, nationalities, and ethnicities consider dating an American Causian a status upgrade, and often a way to get a green card. I have to delete non-native would-be lovers from my Facebook constantly.

I am what I am... more where I come from than where I am going. I always will be... and Proud.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43568
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.