Agnostic.com

17 5

LINK Mike Huckabee Argues LGBTQ People Are ‘Biggest Threat’ To American Morality | Michael Stone

What is it the bible says... something like "don't offer to remove a splinter from your neighbor's eye when you have an entire plank hanging out of your own eye."

snytiger6 9 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate Patheos.

This article is a good example of why.

The title is "LGBT people are biggest threat to American Morality"

BUT

When you look at what the fundamentalist Christian Politician said it is centered in that fundie, bigoted world view, said to that audience, and does not say that at all. Rather it is a condemnation of moderate, non fundie Christianity.

Such could be implied from his words, and I would expect as much because he is a fundamentalist Christian Politician, but Patheos likes to show the implication as if it were fact and then shout that through a bullhorn..

but not before it asks me to join and support them, before I see the content.

Huckabee said in that Patheos piece . . .

"Huckabee blamed Christian churches for their “failure to apply a biblical standard of maleness and femaleness.”
Quotes re-quoted from Huckabee

"The biggest threat to biblical principles today is the failure to apply a biblical standard of maleness and femaleness. . . We are creating this illusion that there is no gender, there is no identity, and I’m blaming the Christian Church. . . .That’s when we first started losing that sense of sacredness of what marriage meant. So I’m not really that surprised that same sex-marriage has become in vogue because the Christian Church were the ones who essentially abdicated a strict responsibility about what biblical marriage should look like. . . Once you’ve destroyed that, why can’t you have any and everything? The gender dysphoria we’re seeing today is largely due to the fact that the Church has failed to present very clearly the words of Jesus and Genesis 5:2: ‘Male and female He created them.’"

Bad enough all on its own isn't it? All twisted by Fundamentalist Rationalizations?

Why then do journalists have to add all of this content?
Gay-hating, intolerant, mean-spirited, Gay-hating, conservative Christian, anti-gay conservative Christian, dangerous, ignorant Christian extremist . . .?

ALL emotive language used to egg on the reader and make them angry, and intentionally chosen to do so.

Finally, in summation, the ire of the writer is put forth in their conclusion, both from the vitriol they injected into the work and the actual vitriol of Mike Huckabee.
"Bottom line: Conservative Christian Mike Huckabee claims LGBTQ people are “the biggest threat” to American morality."

Which is patently FALSE
NOT what that asshole said . . .

He said "The biggest threat to biblical principles today . . . due to the fact that the Church has failed to present very clearly the words of Jesus and Genesis 5:2: ‘Male and female He created them.’"

THEN they choose to make the false assertion the title, designed to enflame the passion of the reader.

While I might share many of the views presented, or even experience the same emotions evoked by the work, that very presentation, those choices in the craft of writing itself, prevent me from ever viewing Patheos as journalism.

It is the Fox news of Progressives, speaking into the bubble of progressive ideas. Not a beacon of truth.

No Mike Huckabee! The biggest threat to America is people like yourself using so called god as a hate weapon and the republicans are the ones that hate America!

When you have so called evilvangelicals who support a president who was on the access Hollywood bus saying the things this president has said, can you blame people for becoming Agnostic?

what a total ass. Lets send him back in time 100 years, where he can't cause more damage.

Not just back 100 years, but put him on one of the Indonesian Islands where they still practiced cannibalism.

@snytiger6 oh I like the way you think 😂

I think Mike Huckabee (and his daughter, for that matter) are a big threat to decency and common sense in America.

What a ignorant Asshole

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 17, 2019

This coming from a guy who finds it morally acceptable to play his bass with a guy who admitted to screwing underage women/ girls.

Which douchebag would that be, that screws underage females?

@TomMcGiverin The "Wango Tango" type. Enough info? Or, Teddy Nugent, who admitted to having sex with underage girls while on tour.

@Beowulfsfriend Figures..

Biggest threat to him trying to find his "soulmate" on a gay dating site....keep moving, gay guys!

Huckabee is a moron, full stop.

That may be insulting to morons....

@snytiger6 True, and if so, I sincerely apologize.

@snytiger6 Being a moron, I do take offence, I think, or would that be stupid?

It tells you a lot about someone when they are very fearful and/or obsessed with the sex lives of others.... Jus' sayin'.......

exactly.

Huckabuck must really be worried about them. Maybe he should team up with Pat Robertson who thinks gay men have a special ring that they scratch you with to give you AIDS. I remember my younger days when it was said that the target of this crowd was children. It simple is not true.

That's because ignorant people think homosexuality and pedophilia are the same.

@ThinkingFree And those folks, many addicted to Faux News Network, don't believe statistics. Most pedophiles identify as heterosexual, and fewer homosexuals, than what should be statistically happening, are found to be pedophiles as a part of the population. In other words - your kid is safer with an unknown gay guy than an unknown hetro. 1/3 to 1/4 of women are sexual abused in some way; 1/7 to 1/6 of men are sexual abused in some way.

@Beowulfsfriend. 👍

Homophobic guys seem to act like they are afraid a gay guy is going to kiss them and they are going to like it. 🙂 Those of us who are not homophobic know that if a gay guy tries to kiss us, we will NOT like it...because we are NOT gay. 🙂

I've never had a gay guy try to kiss me. When younger I did get hit on a couple times. Kind of cool when you think about it; that's good for your self esteem if you aren't so whacked out. I said not my thing, good luck though.

hey, you're right! He said they're the biggest threat. That means temptation to the xian right. spot on.

American morality?

When the fuck did that start?

I personally fear that men like Huckabee and Santorum are far more dangerous with their hypocrisy and hate given the size of the audience they are able to reach.

very true, that.

@KittensandSage

Yeah they scare me. The damage they can do with their falsehoods and access to seats of power.

So priest raping little kids is no threat to morality? So priest threatening people with Hell is no threat to morality?

The biggest threat to Western morality is Political Islam.

Will you please Stop making yourself look like an idiot with these remarks....a pathological idiot.

@AnneWimsey Thank you for your concern. Read the Qur'an and the Hadith.

@PBuck0145 which hadith? You do realize those are considered questionable by even some of the more whacked out Imans. Out of curiosity, have you read the Qur'an, or like the religious followers of all Abrahanic religion cherry picking from it. Personally I found the Qur'an mostly boring, that which I have read. Like the bibly, I've only read chunks, and not those pushed by either pro or anti, unless I was doing a full read from someone's suggestion. Try the Bagadavida (sp), lots of gods fighting, and much more action (had to read in college philosophy).

@PBuck0145 read the Babble...same BS.

If American morality is to pander to the most immoral potus ever, then he is the biggest threat.

he is the biggest threat, without question.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:438547
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.