Agnostic.com

24 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The CEO of Hallmark has just apologised for pulling the Zola advert and has reinstated it. Just announced a few hours ago! The backlash was greater than the original objections!! They shouldn’t have bowed to the initial complaints and I hope that they and other corporations are taking note that bigotry and prejudice will no longer be tolerated by the majority of consumers.

I saw the advert this morning. Glad to see they decided not to cave

@Bierbasstard Funny!

Isn't One Million Moms just a few MAGA Karens?

Wait a minute- this is a ridiculous quote...

" Now, parents can no longer trust Hallmark because Hallmark is no longer allowing parents to be the primary educators when it comes to sex and sexual morality."

It sounds more like the "Million Moms" are upset that they can't rely on TV to be their babysitter. Sounds like they were using the TV as their primary educator.

That is extra sad.

wonder how many are in the closet!

@benhmiller , one of them saw their husband's eyes light up when the women kissed. She HAD to do something about this!!

The sad thing here is not that bigots are behaving like bigots, but that Hallmark caved into them.

They’ve just reversed that decision....due to even greater pressure from the backlash!

@Marionville , so they clearly don't care one way or the other. They are willing to go with the majority, what ever that may be.

I almost fell off my chair laughing at the one viewer who said "We are fed up with having the gay agenda crammed down our throats!" He might want to reword that comment.

Ironically, that group only has about 100,000 members.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 16, 2019

WOW that many, must have done the counting at a populated place having nothing to do with the issue.

Just for clarification, there really aren't really 1 milliom moms... that is just the name of the group itself.

One million moms freaking out, as opposed to 162 million other females in the US who don't give a fig about their outrage. You are so insignificant, just by the numbers alone. Do the math, outraged ladies and get a grip!

Freaking evangelical prudes

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 16, 2019

The gay agenda is spreading it’s rainbow tentacles and corrupting our childrens. Oh no!

I call it equal rights agenda!

I HOPE that we see many MORE commercials like this, or THEY win if they manage to shut them down!

It's just a commercial, we americans can be so prude at times. i don't see the big deal.

Homophobic people showing their true colors. Freaking out about two women kissing at their wedding.

don't like it close your eyes I do but not against same sex couples

@benhmiller , last time one of them closed their eyes, another mom kissed them!!

The commercial: [dailymail.co.uk]

In the article in the original post above, it said that Hallmark pulled the commercial. The link here says that they apologize for doing that and they are going to put it back in. They didn't really show much of a kiss. It's so silly.

I am happy for any kind of couple who love each other. I even cry at romantic gay couple movies, I only slightly look away at two guys french kissing. Because I don't wish it is me having two fists banging together. Two lesbians, wow!!! I wish I was reincarnated in the next life, as a lesbian.

Far too less of love and kindness in the world. Plus, far too many bigotry, racist and homophobic people in this world.

PC knows no political allegiance. : : The right-wing cancelers! . . . . Another group of treasonous special interest imbeciles. Totally unconstitutional demands from the "religious-freedom" crowd.

Very happy the Hallmark dudes "came to jesus" and unbanned the commercials.

A good thing for those of us who oppose ALL religious oppression.

====

Islam is now the worst threat on the planet to the human rights of all. We must fear the spread of darkness. Do not be deceived by any professing allegiance to, or any defense of, the "Religion Of Pieces."

Well, at least they were not beating the crap out of each other. Look for the good in people.Kissing is better than kicking ~ just sayin'

The commercial reflects the realities of life. A reflection of reality is not an agenda at all. It is a reflection of guess what reality. There will always be those that reject reality. One great conduit of the rejection of reality is religion.

There are folks who will insist that just by existing others are "forcing things down their throats."

@heymoe2001 This is true. they represent a small minority and should be ignored.

@DavidLaDeau , we should ignore them after we finish pointing and laughing.

@heymoe2001 LAMO!

I remember back in the 90s... My co-worker and I were both into LA Law on TV. We would always discuss the show the next day. Then came the first lesbian kiss on TV on that show. WOW! I thought it was great and discussed it with my co-worker the next day who said he would never watch the show again. I was shocked.

I recently watched a show that was so dreadfully written, directed and acted that I sought out a discussion group to see if anyone agreed. The plot had been ludicrous. One character was over the top arrogant (even for a medical show).
All the discussions I found were folks outraged that someone had said "god damn it." They didn't care that a couple used their own prejudices to torture corpses. They didn't care that laws were broken. But holy shit! someone used the lord's name in vain.
I stopped watching the show and stopped looking for discussions online.

FFS, I've seen men kissing men and women kissing women on all kinds of 'Family Rated' movies so many times that I haven't bothered to count.
These ' moms ' sorely need to get themselves a REAL life for a change and get away from their religiously indoctrinated bigotry in my opinion.
PLUS, actually LEARN to count and NOT just add extra zeros to their tally.

Geez, these days you see them bumping uglies with everything visible but the pubes.
That's wholesome. Gay kissing ain't, apparently.

Shows how religion has divorced people from the natural world. With human population approaching 7.5 billion, Christians and Muslims are more worried about their idiotic beliefs than the condition of nature and the animals we share it with. Homosexuality is common in nature but they don't reproduce. The churches want asses in the pews because it increases the power of the curia.

Here is where I take a different stance than most of you. My bottom line is that we do not need to see commercials with people kissing. I mean people of any gender. I get it and we all know what kissing is. It is not always so easy to avoid seeing people kissing, so why put this upon us? Most of us are smart enough to know what goes on and we do not need what some would say are instructions.

Once we get into the LGBTQ movies and TV shows this takes on another direction entirely. In the film kissing might be important to what they are trying to say. If you do not have that point of view then do not watch the program. I watch "Batwoman" for example and Ruby Rose and her character are lesbian. This is not why I watch the show but I have a choice to not watch if that bothers me.

OK, on a recap let's say you tune in to Hallmark and they are showing LGBTQ movies. Possibly they would have words or a soundbite to tell you what the content is. You know. Like a TV rating. I've already covered what people hate about the commercial, but isn't it likely that ads and programming would go together here? Guess what. Rather than set there dumbfounded and be offended you have the option to not watch and tune out. Change the channel and watch something else.

I don't understand your position regarding the commercial being discussed.

Zola, the company with the "controversial" commercial, sells wedding planning services. The culmination of all the wedding planning eventually leads to the climax of the wedding ceremony; the happy couple kissing as a symbol of their life together.

Why in the world would a wedding planning services company leave the most iconic and positive moment out of their commercial?

In France people kissing wa sa greetting!

@ToolGuy I don't think that many of you got it about my turn around as I broke this issue down. Obviously the protesters are not those who would watch the program. Protesters do not want to see same sex people kissing.

Small minded minority

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 10, 2020

This country has a stick up its butt. These tight ass evangelicals need to get over seeing themselves as the "moral majority". They're not in charge.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:438773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.