Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK Hallmark Reverses Decision To Pull Ads Featuring Lesbian Couple That Triggered Conservatives

On the NPR coverage they say Hallmark actually apologized for the "bad decision" of pulling the ads.

Just for clarification, the "Million Moms" isn't actually a million moms, but just the name of the Christian group that wanted the ads pulled.

snytiger6 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, Hallmark is a business that follows the majority, and they goofed in thinking the conservative christians were the majority, lol. I guess the millions of twitter blasts outnumbered the 26,000 signatures, lmao.

One Million Moms is an offshoot of the American Family Association.
They're both christian hate groups.

Hallmark did the right thing by reversing their decision.

Gay and lesbian ads don't bother me at all. It is the age of reality and PC. What irks me, for some reason, is the overboard attempts some advertisers will go to in order to be totally PC and the commercial comes out a little confusing. Here's the husband who is a Nigerian/Fin and his wife who is an Irish/Pilipino. It is almost like some advertisers are afraid to have a straight black or white or oriental couple anymore.

Nice ads. Good-looking couple.

People who watch the Hallmark romance movies love romance, no matter the gender. Well, I can really only speak for myself, but I'm in the business of marrying people, and the Hallmark channel is in the business of celebrating romance and human feelings.

I always tell my clients, the reason I'm in this business is because I'm addicted to romance. I love hearing their stories about how they met, what made them fall in love with each other, and the values they hold dear that keep them together. No matter the gender, it's always a sweet touching story and I wish to have those feelings for myself someday.

Love is love, no matter the gender. It's always so heartwarming to see strangers walk up to same sex couples right after they got married, and say "congratulations!" showing their support - and then so heartbreaking to know some family members chose to remain absent from the festivities, due to disapproval likely because of their faith.

The people that were complaining about the ad and wanted it removed so they wouldn't have to look at "duh icky homoz" are the same people who criticize safe spaces.

The irony. My fucking good LAWD the irony.

A few wins for our side feels good.

Kudos to Hallmark and more power to those who will stand up and face down these rampant, rabid Homophobic Religious Bullies.

The Christian group does not have to watch the ads and you can bet they are also not watching the programming either.

Wise choice ! " a million Moms" do not rule the world, as much as they'd like to think they do !

Good for Hallmark standing up to the homophobic group.

Would have been nice if they'd stood up to them in the first place.

its called do the right thing and F these christian bigots

Good for Hallmark!

Good to hear. Standing up to bigots and bullies is the only way to stop them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:438863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.