Agnostic.com

73 6

I am curious what some of you think. I had a man approach me in the supermarket yesterday morning... to make a slightly boring story less boring I will get right to the point... he asked for my number and I gave it to him... after I agreed to meet for coffee next time he was in town, he "explained" to me that the only cell phone he had was owned by his employer and that when he called me it would show up as Restricted...Aaaannnddd he can't text on it. He didn't offer his number to me.

Am I being too skeptical when I say I think he may be married?

• 127 votes
  • 2 votes
Valarina61 4 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

73 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Give him the benefit of the doubt. He might just be a wanted fugitive

Married or not, he sounds pretty sketchy.

marga Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Did he ask how many kidneys you had and if they are in working order ?

This looks like a parade in China there are so many red flags!

BillF Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Probably attached in some way and in these days anyone who makes even close to a living wage has a cell phone of their own, if for no other reason than to keep some of their activities off the business phone records.

Big time lesson @Valarina60 -- never, ever, under no circumstances give your number to anyone you don't know. Just don't.

Married or not, it still feels like a red flag.

I call bullshit!

Probably married or living with someone. Restricted means you will never have his number. Why do you wantto settle for someone passing through? Been there done that.

BTW I was in the supermarket last week having difficulty with a plastic bag in the produce section. An attractive man handed me another plastic bag, smiled at me and said here. Probably worked for the store - lol.

That man is more sketchy than a cartoonists notepad girl you see that "restricted" you better send to voice mail

Married, or something creepy. Big red flag of some sort.

A Gentleman with nothing to hide, would have offered you HIS number , with no pressure on you at all.

Not only would I say married but untrustworthy.

Ldox Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

If he’s not honest about the phone number he won’t be honest about anything! Pass!

C'mon, we all know he's an insurance salesman.

ARE YOU 15 Y/O?

Ha! Love it! 🙂

@Valarina61 yes, your answer shows you are...

sketchy

Who doesn't have a personal cell phone these days? Especially if you have a job. My mother is 68 and she's had a personal cell phone for years. Like someone else already mentioned too, next time he's in town? Yeah.

If you meet for coffee make sure you keep your drink covered and in your hand at all times.

Yeah, sorry. Perhaps it’s innocent, but if he can’t give you a number, then that’s a pretty red flag.

Isn't marriage a biblical concept that folks like us shouldn't be concerned with? He should be judged by the content of his character and he failed. Miserably. Move on.

The encounter reeks of disingenuousness. I can't imagine being open to somebody who asks for one's number before barely even learning their name. It would in my mind, be more appropriate for the interested party to offer THEIR number or email as a means of contact, so the other person could choose or not choose whether to have a second 'look'.

That said, if the situation was reversed and I thought the entreaty to be honest, I'd give her my number or email strongly suggesting that I'm open to mature women who can afford their own phone and see where it goes from there...

Oh, and that he 'might' be married is really irrelevant because he's already revealed himself to be a sneak.

Married or commited.

Or should be committed...

Red flags all over the place. In this day and age there is no reason why he can't have a personal cellphone, even if it's a cheap prepaid job he gets at the dollar store. He's probably got one just like you in every town.

GwenC Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Sketchy

Gozer Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

Hidding something, I would avoid at all cost

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.