Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Washington state lawmaker accused of "domestic terrorism" refuses to resign

Just how extreme can some Christians be? I was actually surprised by some of Matt Shea's extreme beliefs. Shea is a state legislator from Spokane Valley, WA (eastern part of tne state) and is apparently popular enough to have won reelecton with 58% of the vote. Some of his views are extreme enough to rival those of ISIS in the Middle East including killing non-believers.

RussRAB 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can he be impeached? There MUST be a way to get him ousted!

I don't know what the rules are for removing an elected state representative in Washington state. I imagine he has the right of freedom of thought even if most people would find his thoughts repugnant.

@RussRAB You're right, of course, and as long as he only THINKS this shit...but...one little instance of putting it into action....

@LucyLoohoo - That's the problem. When he finally does put it into action, lots of people could be harmed. I don't know what the answer is especially when he has enough support to win elections.

@RussRAB He needs to be on a ''watch list''---otherwise, he's likely to stealthily install his ideas/people into offices where they shouldn't be allowed.

@LucyLoohoo - Sounds like a decent solution.

Yep. Christians believe in non violence. Except against non believers. Nice religion ya got there.
So, what is the difference between this guy and a Muslim cleric saying the same thing? They are both terrorists.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:440910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.