Agnostic.com

12 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Am afraid soo

My 2 Atheists since birth daughters are in caring scientific careers and happily married to two lucky men as empathy is a key gift of love

My three atheist children are respectful human beings.

Also that atheists are more accepting of death than those with strong religious christian convictions. Christians are so fearful of THEIR maker. Mine is compost.

Unfortunately studies like this one suffer from some fatal flaws, namely that correlation is not causation and that studies like this must be performed in a blind or double-blind manner in order to be effective predictors. The update to the study, which illustrated different results, used a slightly better methodology but still draws conclusions based on correlation. I wish average folks understood the difference.

Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27.

This study must have missed people of this religion. The only requirement of this religion is about help widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption.

Word Level 8 Dec 25, 2019

I know I always preferred the friends who weren't religious when growing up. They were just nicer people.

Obviously

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 25, 2019

Our people think instead of follow.

Duh....zero Atheists threaten hell nor bribe with alleged hell

Not surprising

Just what satan wants you to think!

/sarcasm

LOL. so many people in these groups on AG are so full of themselves with their serious intellectual posts BUT they have no idea what sarcasm is

And, are less judgmental.

@TheMiddleWay You are engaging in false stereotyping. That is judgmental.

@TheMiddleWay I have seen the examples of which you speak. But, those examples do not characterize me or many of the people on this site. Do not over generalize. It is not fair to those who do not fit into an overly broad categorization.

@TheMiddleWay I did not say that they should. All I am saying is one should not make the mistake of false over-categorization.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:442039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.