Agnostic.com

20 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anybody who claims that atheists "can't be trusted [simply because they are atheists]" shows that they cannot themselves be trusted because of their own cognitive deficiencies.

"The point is that when Christians are in power, they actually have limited atheists’ rights. There’s no analog the other way around."

Obviously this professor has skewed perception; however, before we assume that atheists in general are more trustworthy than the religious, as this article implies, I think we might consider the fact that there are a handful of countries in the world who have banned religion and they tend to be unpleasant places. I think humans just tend to oppress whoever is in the minority where ever they are at.

@OldMetalHead Yes, definitely, although I would say it's basically the same anywhere. Christians create a government that acts like their god.

So he trusts such great Believers as Trump and so many Christians in government who of course are always trustworthy?

And THAT is what frightens me. The thought that without some supernatural thought police to threaten you, you can't be a good, honest person. What a way to bloody live.

They may be less likely to reiterate corporate bullshit. They cannot be trusted to maintain the lies told to control the population.

What's interesting is that Harvard was founded as a seminary school in the 1600s.

PHD's with bias that procludes reason is always going to be a problem.

I have noticed lately that there are a number of professors at Harvard that hold really strange views and let people do thesis's on weird topics. Like angles sitting on top of pins.

I'm not sure that has been established, yet. Has anyone in public office been open about being an atheist? One thing we do know for a fact, though, being a theist certainly is no guarantee of a public office holder's trustworthiness. We've seen that proven over and over again.

Deb57 Level 8 Jan 1, 2020

This is a similar idea with the military. For generations they pushed the idea there were no atheists in foxholes because when one questions the cause one may not be so willing to fight. The military always tried to get us to believe fighting for a god and country was a just cause. It has taken some time (and threats of lawsuit) to get the military to start making changes. [learnreligions.com]

just proving that being a harvard law professor is no guarantee that a person is NOT dumb as f*ck...

IMO 99% of Christians are lying illogicsl atheist saying they are Christian but only a lie. This makes the majority of illogical atheist to be dishonest Christians. This explains the hypocrisy of christianity because it is made up of a majority of dishonest illogical atheist. Or to state it this way, Christian is a lying illogical atheist (for the majority of those stating to be Christians). Since then, most illogical atheist are lying Christian's, it is still not easy to trust anyone calling themselves atheist because of the majority being lying Christian and athiesm being illogical.

Word Level 8 Jan 1, 2020

I generally find Atheists and Agnostics much better people than Christians. I am a moral person and a good person because that is how I was raised. Regardless of what ever you think of the cliché, Treat others as you would want to be treated... I've pretty much lived my life like that.

Look at it this way... If christians are moral it is because they have either been promised heaven or threatened with hell. So IF (A BIG IF) they are moral, it is because there is something in it for them.

The Catholics don't have a slippery slope;

They fall directly from "You're not like me" to "How many of you will fit in a gas chamber."

(Lutherans too)

I'm am willing to examine any systematic study that might demonstrate a difference between the religious and atheist in terms of their promise keeping. If there isn't such evidence being offered then I have a feeling I know from where Mr Harvard law pulled his opinion. And if that's the case I'm very happy for him to stick it right back up there!

@MattHardy you've got 5 stars ✨ for that one

"If there isn't such evidence being offered then I have a feeling I know from where Mr Harvard law pulled his opinion. And if that's the case I'm very happy for him to stick it right back up there!".

At least we aren't hypocrites.

In the beginning people created God. And if you cannot trust the fantasy of a Harvard Law Professor, whose fantasy can you trust to give the absolute truth?

My understanding is that seven states still agree with this jerk.

g

Because Christians and law professors can always be trusted?

I find that people are most likely to exhibit the very faults they find in others , especially when making blanket statments , without actually knowing the people they're talking about . Ask yourself this . Do lawyers lie ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:444695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.