Agnostic.com

33 14

Am I wrong?

I just tell people that I don't believe in ghosts, not even holy ones. Is there a better way of explaining my position without offending my religious friends?

Thor 4 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Nothing wrong there.

Depends on when and why do you say it.

I like it. But some are so sensitive and brainwashed. Holdback a little or a lot, if you sense an outcome that you wish to avoid. It’s not wrong. This topic is easy for us, but not so for some.

Am I wrong?.... Well, if you have to ask

I just saw the "Am I wrong" and clicked on the thread to answer - "more often than you think." After all I think that's true for everyone, but of course I could be wrong.

As for the specific question beneath. Factually wrong? I think you know whether you believe in ghosts or not.

Morally wrong? Well since neither of us believe in an objective arbiter of right and wrong then I think that's probably a subjective question and something for you to decide. I'd offer my own subjective option but I think it depends heavily on circumstance.

If it's any help though I'm definitely going to use that line myself at some point.

Oh an if you do want a non-confrontational way of saying it - "I'm not religious" seems to work well for me.

@FrankA ...@MattHardy.....I've said "I'm not religious" and then I'm asked "Why not?" So then I tell them because "I don't believe in ghosts, not even holy ones."

@Thor well then they're asking for it.

No. I think you've made your point succinctly.

But so what if your friend gets offended? If they're asking, give it to them straight. Authenticity among friends...refreshing!

Sounds good to me but they will likely start an argument with you on this. It is the nature of the religious. They always want to tell you what god said or what god is going to do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:445780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.