Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK The Medications That Change Who We Are

They’ve been linked to road rage, pathological gambling, and complicated acts of fraud. Some make us less neurotic, and others may even shape our social relationships. It turns out many ordinary medications don’t just affect our bodies – they affect our brains. Why? And should there be warnings on packets?

HippieChick58 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks Paula..great story...Neither of my BP meds are statins..though one may raise sugar levels..

I have been fighting with the GP of a family member for years about severe personality changes from meds and have been ignored. This is REAL.

MizJ Level 8 Jan 13, 2020

I believe it. I don't like to take pain-killers. and have never taken them for more than two days, even after regular surgery and dental surgery. I took an antidepressant one time, but detested the way it made me feel, and took myself off. If any drug is mood-altering in its effects on me, I stop taking it.

The problem is, in all drug trials, the participants are encouraged to report Everything, thus the 4-page, tiny type, warnings listing trivia, that already exist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448938
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.