Agnostic.com

27 2

Am I alone in my opinion that we have enough children in the world? I don't wish to have children because they annoy me to no end-- Is that bad?

KatrinaC13 4 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Children annoy the heck out of me too, and you're not alone in your thoughts. We suffer from a great deal of overpopulation at the moment, if we as a species focused more heavily on advancement and science, instead of pumping out crotch spawn, we could possibly be better off!

No, I don't think it is bad. I'm 56 and never had children; I'm very happy with my decision. I prefer the company of animals to children any day.

My oldest son and his long time girlfriend decided a long time ago not to have kids. I had no problem with that, and have supported them completely. It takes a lot of money, patience, and time to raise children, and I personally believe you should only have them if you want them.

No it's your choice.

Not at all! It's not as if there is a shortage of humans.

Zster Level 8 Nov 21, 2017

I wish more people who don't like kids would decide not to have them. I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

I have no intention of having children either. Course, I'm not quite 20 yet, so what can I really say? But yeah, kids infuriate me.

The world has enough people. Too many, maybe

I don't have kids, and there are many reasons that contribute to why.

I have hereditary physical problems. And eye disease ehich left me partially blind and an auto immune disease. I don't want ot pass on those genes.

I am gay. That makes conception pretty difficult.

I don't really like kids. They are noisy and annoying.

I think we need to first adequately take care of those persons who are already born before we bring even more people into the world. The planet is alredy over populated tothe point where the planet and our environment is beign destroyed, and we are entering into a new mass extinction of species that is pretty much wholly man made.

No, it's not bad. It's Better to not have them if your not comfortable around them.
I think it would be worse to have children and not be a good parent..

No, it's not bad. If you don't want them, don't have them. I didn't.

I kinda feel the same way. The world wasn't really meant to support as many people as it is right now and it could do with some downsizing from people choosing to not have more kids. There's also plenty of children that need homes and families that do not have one. They should be taken care of first in my opinion.

Maybe thats why we have war... 😟

No I think there are plenty of kids in the world, in fact too many for a finite planet to support.We are an overpopulated planet already. I don't feel your position is bad, I feel the same way as do many others.

Agreed

No its not bad Kat. There are too many Children in the world already. So I say you are a good person!

The world is overcrowded. Totally agree

Not bad at all, as far as I see it. I'm ok with some kids - but most, I'd rather avoid - and do just that.

I never had any, and am very glad of that. I've always thought there's too damn many humans already. I often wonder about the many people out there, that just keep on making babies - do they ever think about what kind of world their kids will inherit ? Or if they'll even make it to adulthood ?

Nothing wrong with it at all. I thought the same thing then I got pregnant, had a child and realized I was 100% right. LOL Love that kid to death but OMG I so should have passed on Motherhood. Here I am raising the next generation and all I can think of is OMFG the next generation is going to be so messed up.

You are not alone and it's completely true. There are way too many people in the world. The only tragic part is that the religious folks are breeding like rabbits

BetsB Level 2 Dec 19, 2017

Not at all.

nope

I never wanted children, so I have none. I do applaud your openness about an issue that allows, nearly more so than religion, one viewpoint only: children are an asset, they are precious, they are cute. I couldn't confirm any of it. the planet certainly doesn't need more baby-popping, so, no, it's not bad, & you are not bad 🙂

It's perfectly fine if you don't want children. Self-awareness is really important. Good for you.

I know only a few women that think like that, but there are a lot out there. I think having children is very very selfish. why? Because children give us purpose, a reason to live. It is hard to be happy by yourself, it's get so lonely.....wow.....

I am a grandfather and all this, my daughters love me, but If I had known it would have ended up like this I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOT MARRIED?!!!...wow....talk about
trying to rebuild my life. At 65, the women out there at my age look like GRAMMA!! WTF....
I have given up on anything romantic happening to me......and now it's just a matter
of living another day. So many people have died on me. I know more people dead than alive.....sooooooo I'm running out of time.

love your mind.....great thinker......

I think we have enough but think of them being annoying as getting it out of their system we were all like that at a young age were poop was funny but now were are different it just takes time, and if you can look past that you might see how wonderful it is to have something to leave behind when you pass.

I think many people with children probably feel the same way but caved to a variety of social pressures. Actually you are ahead of the game realizing they annoy you and that might not be a good thing.I decided I would not have children for a variety of reasons while I was pretty young. I recall arguing with my grandmother after I made that known. SHe was quite angry I was not offering the platform for more souls to enter the world to glorify God. WE also fought about animal vegetable and mineral. SHe did not think humans were animals. OH well I still did not breed for the salvation of souls

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.