Agnostic.com

25 5

What's the strangest experience you've had? Or the strangest thing you've seen?

I once saw a man unicycling and juggling while walking his dog down a nature trail. It was spectacular.

Mea 7 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Last presidential election...

When I was a teen, I had a few experieces that I have since learned were sleep paralysis. At the time, I thought something paranormal was happening, but I don't believe that anymore.

On a few occasions, a strange thing would happen as I was going to sleep. I'd feel the bed move like someone was sitting on it, and I'd sometimes hear a whispered voice in my ear, and I'd swear that I was awake, yet I couldn't move or make a sound. Then I'd snap out of it and be fully awake and aware. A friend had recently died, and I thought I was being visited by a spirit.

I wasn't completely convinced at the time that it was supernatural, but at that age, I thought it was a possibility. In the years since then, I've had a few more episodes like this, but they were vague and unrealistic and not connected to any trauma. I'd awaken soon after these episodes and know that it was just a weird sleep state.

A penguin at night on the south-east coast of England

Well some not entirely safe mushrooms come immediately to mind 😉

When I was around 13 years old I went to a friend's place for a sleep over. The house was allegedly haunted. Paintings would get knocked off the wall. The shower would come on abruptly in the middle of the night. Papers would go missing. The household would shout "put it back Uncle Willy!". And the next day the papers would be found, scrunched up.

The story was that Willy was a farmer of German extraction who had hanged himself on the property in the 19th century.

The night of my sleepover, my friend fell asleep and I needed to use the toilet. It was then that I heard glasses moving in the kitchen. Which was a problem, because I needed to go through the kitchen to the toilet. I crept up the darkened hall, and the sound of glasses moving got louder. I screwed up my courage and stepped around the corner. Nothing there but silence. I moved like I had a purpose, went to the toilet and booked it back to bed. Just as I settled in I heard the glasses moving again.

Was it real? Did I imagine it? Maybe. But it felt real at the time, and correlated with the family mythology about the house.

And that is my ghost story.

A man dressed in a tuxcedo wearing a steel pot (old style steel Army helmet) on New Years Eve in downtown Frankfort, Germany.

Couple weeks ago I came out of my doctors appointment to see a large person in a bunny costume holding a balloon animal just standing there staring at me.

This is right after I watched IT so safe to say I screamed and booked it.

No one else in the office even looked at it, so I'm double freaked.

Really? You wouldn't believe me.

When I was in college, a coworker's Mom came in the Super Duper where we worked wearing nothing but a white towel and smelling like a rose scented air freshener, walked the perimeter of the store and walked out. "Hey Rich, that's your Mom!"

My first experience in church (because of a girl) of Speaking in Tongues. I appreciated that it came with a translation...very helpful.?

Taking LSD and going to an amusement park.

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

My husband and I were travelling from CA to Florida in our motor home and stopped at a food store in Oklahoma. A cowboy came in, wearing full accoutrements: cowboy hat, chaps, spurs, etc. A lasso was on his belt. It was really cool, especially when he pulled out his cell phone and was asking his significant other what kind of salad dressing she wanted. Totally surreal. Guess he had been caring for cattle or horses and had to make a stop. He didn't look too happy so didn't ask for a picture.

Once I was so tired at work that I started dreaming while awake, and I started talking to my daughter. (who was obviously not there) I was training someone, and they were a bit nervous due to the whole haunted hotel thing. I reassured them I was simply super tired!

This subject had never come up in our relationship so I was pretty amazed when I saw my wife making out with a woman at a Halloween party.

This morning, I woke up to a meow from my cat and felt her jump to the foot of my bed. Only half awake, I whispered for her to get off and so she went. Getting up later, I realized my door was closed and remembered letting her out of the room the night before. There was no way she could've been in my room.

Being born into a wholly random and absurd world with the ever-present knowledge that my own annihilation could occur at any moment and without reason.

Can't recommend.
1 star.

The first time I watched OG Mudbone performing on the Hub.... Jeezus $%#& <erry Christmas!

I'm a paranormal investigator, I've got a tale or two.

Once upon a time in my childhood I saw a aded man in an amusement park,he could stand for 7 hours without any movement.

FAIZ Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

When I was a little kid, my parents, sister and a couple who were my parent's friend,were going to the high school basketball playoffs in Springfield, about 30 minutes away. It was storming, and very dark. We were up the street from our house, ready to pull out on the highway when the tornado sirens went off. Almost immediately a tornado hit the drive in theater out by our house and huge pieces of it flew everywhere. Our car was bouncing around and sticks and pebbles were blowing into the car. A billboard blew over and hit our car, and a semi was flying. Mom and our neighbor were screaming. Mom laid over me, and my neighbor pushed my sister on the floor. We ended up in the middle of the schoolyard. The headlights were broken and the paint was all scratched up. Dad was a car salesman, so we just drove into town, he got lights and put them in the headlights, and we went to Springfield. Basketball was a big deal in the little, central Illinois farm towns was very important. This was in the early 1950s, and cars were tanks back then.

Another thing was in 1976. I was working 2nd shift at the hospital. We lived in a tiny little bump in the road outside of Peoria. It was July, and one of Illinois hot, clear nights, and the sky was very dark where we lived. I liked to staircase, so noticed meteors. I had driven up the big hill by our house and I saw something big and bright in the sky. I watched it off and on, while I drove home, and notice that it was getting bigger and closer. I got home and walked out to the edge of our yard to see it. There was a huge thing in the sky with a bright light in front, and lights around it. It was very quiet, just a very low hum, sort of like a refrigerator, it an air conditioner might make. It was so big that I couldn't see the shape. It came over the big, old trees, and was making their branches blow around. It blocked out the stars. I yelled at my husband to come out. He came out and we both watched it. It moved very slowly. When it was out of sight I called the airport. I thought maybe it was a blimp, and figured they would know. They said their was nothing like that in the vicinity. They asked many questions about it and gave me a number to call to report it. The next day, on the news they had a woman on the news who they were interviewing. She was was from Pekin, which is right up the road from where we lived, and she was driving home from work and saw it also, about 15 minutes after I did.I never found out what it was.

I was probably 19 driving home from my girlfriend's house at around 2am. I see something super bright falling in the sky. The light coming off of it is greenish in hue. I pulled the car over and watched the object fall for about 15 -20 seconds and then disappear. Most likely a piece of space junk falling through the atmosphere, or an old satellite burning up. Still the coolest thing I ever saw.

By request a ghost story by a ghost hunter.

This took places in the mid-80s In a place called Sieben Bergen Hungary. I was on a special tourist visa tramping around and hunting the trail of Vlad Teppish or Count Dracula as we know him. One day on a long country road in this region I happened on a young farmer and we chatted for a bit in broken bits of sign, Hungarian and German.
I told him what I've heard about the myths and things I'm interested in and he told me of a nearby forest that loosely translated was called the Crying woods. I was intrigued.
He stopped his activities and we went to his place where his wife made us a great lunch and packed us some dinner snacks.

We went to this location where there was a clearing of sorts in the woods. We built a small campsite and got comfortable. Darkness came quickly there with a chill. Even the reach of the campfire light seemed dimmed

About this time all hell broke loose. The woods came alive with audible screeching and moans.
Cries of pain could be clearly heard. With my own eyes, I saw a ball of light move through the woods about the size of a mellon move through the woods as if it had a destination.
I was completely overwhelmed with dread. I was just discharged from military service and was pretty healthy and I'd say tough.

Finally, he said it was too much to my relief and we put out the fire and left.
This was not pareidolia because I couldn't imagine such an event.

Later I came to assume that this clearing was a spot where good old Dracula had performed impalements. Stories are told about thousands of people were impaled in areas to set a warning and example. The horrid energy was saturated into the very earth. Later I've heard such stories from other parts of the region.

It's just my story of a moment in my life. I will not convince anyone who doesn't buy it.
I can only say, it happened to me.

Don't remember it very well. I was living in Omaha, about 7 years old. A friend and I were playing at another girl's house and she started saying really weird things about how she could hear our thoughts and that we were being mean to her with our minds. She wouldn't let us leave, so we tried to go out through the garage, but it was closed and we crouched behind a car and were whispering trying to figure out how we were going to leave, because she was scaring us. She popped up right behind us, scaring the crap out of us and yelled, "I can hear you, you're not going anywhere!"
I don't remember how we got out. Very strange. I wonder what happened to that little girl.

I have had many teleporation experiences but only a few times when I was aware it was happening.

Several times, my husband and I started out on four-hour trips to another state, and a few minutes after getting on the interstate, we'd see the exit sign for the town where we were going. We'd just shrug and consider it a bonus.

Once, a pickup truck with monster wheels lost control on a narrow, creek-side road and came right at me so I was looking up into their grill..but suddenly I was behind the truck, stopped. The guys jumped out of the pickup truck, faces white, and asked me what happened.

A woman ran out of the farmhouse next to the road, also asking me what happened. Their eyes were all bugging out and I realized I'd somehow passed through the truck.

Another friend, and my brother-in-law reported similar expericences.

Before my daughter and I had working speedometers in our cars, we used to get to Louisville in 20 minutes and to Cincinnati in 40 minutes. We were both annoyed after we got better cars that the Louisville and Cincinnati trips each took several hours.

Sounds like drugs, or hallucinations, or remembering memories of dreams as if they actually occurred in reality...

@ClaytonE83 Not true. Neither my husband nor I took drugs (we were also religious at the time) and my husband was with me several times when the car teleported in ten minutes to a city several hours away, and I drove to Louiville and Cincinnati for years in 20-40 minutes. My dad even timed me once, running out and yelling at me that I had to have been going over 120 mph to get home after calling from my sister's house in Louisville. I just told him I'd also stopped for gas! I was disappointed when I got a newer car with a working speedometer, because the trips returned to being several hours apiece. As Einstein says, we are really made of energy, and time and space only exist in our minds.

In 1994, four Beings of Light appeared before me. The spoke to me telepathically. Later I asked them to do something for me to prove to me they were real. Well, they did it. Now is that strange enough? It's called a kundalini awakening. My top chakra exploded. I would NOT wish it on y worst enemy. Well, maybe Adolf Hitler, it was like being abducted by space aliens. Note: I am NOT a Christians. I am not one for organized religions. They are all about controlling you and most TAKING YOUR MONEY!! You really have no other choice, there is life after death. So get ready, it has nothing to do with what you believe. We are eternal beings. We are spiritual beings having a "human" experience.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.