Agnostic.com

5 0

I posted the question," Should we educate or exterminate religious people?", on several social media as an experiment of sorts. I was surprised how many were outraged by the question. Never answering the question, just complaining about the question, violent in their statements. Only one percent said educate. And about one percent said exterminate. What I can't understand is why 98 percent chose to rant, swear, report and threaten me rather than address the question? I never would have guessed this experiments results to be like that. Help needed on this please.

lem31167 5 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christians have tried that with non-believers; hence the Crusades/Inquisition. I can see why people would take offense to that statement.

I know the question was offensive. I was merely experimenting on social reaction. The percentages we're not what I had anticipated. 98 percent undecided was a shock but will in the end prove my point. My point is that the Venus project proposal is this, no currency, a resource based economy where the public votes on what resources go where. If people can't answer a simple question without being undecided because they are offended what will they do when asked to send resources to an ares of people that offended them. Like a gay, nude or athiest community. I no I'm not that smart, no brain surgeons at my family reunion, because the more knowledge I gain the more I know I don't know much at all. That's why I reach out to others to try to understand things I can't grasp. I was thinking to post a similar question on religious social sites, " Should we educate or exterminate Athiests?", to see if the percentages matched up.

So what makes you different than the religious fanatic who kills those who don't follow their ideology. Why... even in a hypothetical question, would extermination even be an option?
This is a pretty disturbing question and not one that I would expect from a reasonable person.

I would like to know the breakdown of the 98 percent (how many believers vs non believers)

In a democracy, we have no right to impose a set of beliefs on anyone, much less exterminate them. All we can do is to keep providing empirical information and rational thought on one side, and protect ourselves from religious intrusion and imposition on the other. The way you phrased your question, I also think you were WAY OFF BASE!

Well we are in a time were how you said it, matters more than what you said, thats basically how crapy politicians gets voted hahahah.

So your saying if I worded the question different, sugar coat it like politicians do, my results would've been much different.

sadly, yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4549
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.