Agnostic.com

13 3

Alternative Atheist or Agnostic Sites

Could members please make suggestions of sites? I would greatly prefer a focus on non dating sites. Places where the discussion is mostly civil and cerebral.
No sexual/dating aspects.

This site is my only online presence and your recommendations are valued.

Thank you

Donotbelieve 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, discuss stuff in a civil and cerebral manner. There are lots of groups here for that purpose. The romantic and horny people will ignore you anyway. And since we do not pay the bandwidth we use, nobody is taking anything away from you.

So our 2am highway motel rendezvous are over now?

This is the link for The Secular Web discussion forum.

[infidels.org]

Source:

I found this one by chance, so if you find one that's good, let me know.

@Donotbelieve Me, too. What the heck, I admire your optimism. (^.^)

@Donotbelieve Thank you! It would mean a lot to me. 🙂

@Donotbelieve I know. It's good to be thorough, and I'm glad you'll still be here while you research, but it will work out eventually. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

I found a Meetup group for Atheists and Agnostics. Just google Meetup.com to see if there are any in your area. My Freethinker Group is an offshoot as well.

I joined the Reddit Agnostic site recently and I'm enjoying it. I have really participated yet, but there are a lot of good posts on there. Here is the link: [reddit.com]

@Donotbelieve My pleasure.

Nice to know there are other sites. Maybe soon we'll outnumber the religious sites. I once tried Atheist.com but didn't care for it. Agnostic is much better.

@JackPedigo Most Atheist sites I ran into I found that the members are very dogmatic about, "There is no God". I don't presume to know all the answers. The late drummer for Rush, Neil Peart wrote these lyrics to a song several years ago and opened my eyes. He was also an agnostic.

Roll the Bones

Chorus:

Why are we here?
Because we're here
Roll the bones

Why does it happen?
Because it happens
Roll the bones

Complete lyrics:
[rush.com]

Reddit has some really good forums but youve got to be willing to put up with all sorts of other BS. just not anything sexual or dating, unless you actively seek it out.

This site was recommended to me as one of the few places that hold these sort of open discussions, but you might try Atheist republic, Atheist discussion dot org, atheist forums dot org or Friendly atheist.

This site only has a dating aspect if you tick that box. I am only here for community and have no problem having civil conversation and discussions on serious cerebral topics. I have only occasionally been messaged by men trying to engage me in a more personal relationship, but they are usually new members who haven’t fully read my bio. I just ignore them and they go away,

@Donotbelieve You probably get hit on a lot more than an aged doll like me!

@Donotbelieve You’re saying all the right things! 😁

...but there are members, like you, that I would love to meet face to face over a coffee or glass of wine, as opposed to over a pillow! I'd even bring my wife!

@Petter Thank you so much Petter ...what a delightful thing to say. I reciprocate that sentiment entirely!

@Marionville Were I a multimillionaire I would organise a big European get-together somewhere, and pay the hotel bills.

@Petter I hope you’ve got your Euromillions ticket bought!

@Donotbelieve life is a nuisance, we just need to muddle through best we can! 😁

@Marionville Damn! I thought I'd forgotten to do something this evening!

Personally, I find the “dating” part of this site to be the least used and the political and philosophy to be most represented. Maybe it’s just me. But there are plenty of groups you can join on here that have nothing whatever to do with meeting someone, but are all about the exchange of ideas.

Unfortunatly all other sites have people in them, so your criteria won't be met.

1of5 Level 8 Feb 7, 2020

@Donotbelieve sry.

It's been awhile since I've been to other designated non believer sites, but always found them to be bastions of debate about the best way not to believe. Over.

And over.

And over.

@Donotbelieve you could look for a humanist site that doesn't tolerate religious promotion or bashing.

If you find it can I have the free unicorn new members would undoubtedly get?

@Donotbelieve if they kick you out I'd never join.

Well, I would but wouldn't rub it in - unless I got banned quicker than you did. Some things are worth celebrating.

@Donotbelieve the honor would be all mine.

Plus, we'd be able to breed unicorns for fun and profit.

@Donotbelieve good, then you don't need the free one for joining the site. Dibs

They are quite splendid, the world could do with a lot more of them. Keep up the good work.

When you find it, do let me know!

I don't know of any..wish I could help..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:457379
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.