Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Bill Barr’s secularism-bashing Notre Dame speech is far from over | Rick Snedeker

Seriously,, fuck this guy! Why is it too much to ask for xtians to be ethical.

OldMetalHead 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Facts and law do not matter to raving religious lunatics.

Promoting Christianity is not only a slap against the non-religious, but against those of other religious faiths. And if he wants to promote Christianity publicly, then I say game-on to us being more vocal in our non-belief and criticisms of Christianity whenever the opportunity presents, instead of a public stance of neutrality.

His refusal to acknowledge the validity of other religious faiths shows the man up for what he is: a bigot.

I talked about this in a previous post but it is worth restating.
The basic premice that Barr and other theists expound is fallacious. In that religion is an effective form of governmental/moral control. No other historically western democracy in the world has a lower amount of unbelief than the USA and none has a higher crime rate. The USA's rate of unbelief is rising, its crime rate is falling. Now it may not be a direct correlation between the two but it does not shine out as a great example of religious morals working for society.

It's the butt hurt. They're really bothered by their butt hurt.

I'll say one thing for Barr: he makes for a jolly good laugh at the God Mob!

trump, pemce and his crew are turning America into a theocracy.

And Islamic State are trying to do exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure that tRump's religious belief is part of it. I think he obsessively pursues every chance to manipulate people he can. And theists' mentalities (or lacks thereof) can certainly be manipulated. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

My brother had a very wealthy roommate in college and one day they happened to take a taxi in New York. His roommate paid a $19.95 fare with a $20 bill -- and stood and waited for the 5ยข change.
For my brother it was a life changing realization -- he discovered that anyone can be rich but they have to be willing to chase every penny -- all the time.
My brother now seems to live his life very much that way and he's accumulated a fair amount of money. But his family doesn't speak much with any of the rest of the us these days -- I guess everyone makes their choices.

tRump is symptomatic of our extraction capitalist society and the ruling crop of Rethuglicans sees the current situation as very exploitable.
They seem to perceive the world as nothing but a competition and they only know one way of keeping score -- dollars. But they also generally seem to have a twisted concept of competition -- for them it's not enough to win, the other side must lose.
I've heard it said that conservatives don't care if the world burns to the ground -- as long as they get to be in charge of the ashes.

We're all going to pay for their shortsightedness for a very long time.

I dislike dishonest people like Bill Barr.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:457517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.