Agnostic.com

20 4

What businesses should we not buy from?

Hobby Lobby is the obvious

Financial support of the Museum of the Bible
Support of the Green Scholars Initiative (which aims to put the Bible into public schools).
It's birth control policies
and it's potential smuggling of Iraqi artifacts

Other mentions:

Chick-Fil-A- donated money to oppose same-sex marriages
Forever 21- Bible passages on shopping bags
Tyson Chicken- employs a team of Chaplains
In-N-Out Burger- includes Bible passages on its cups & wrappers

What else?

silvereyes 8 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Forget a boycott I want to see a hostile takeover...

Lauxa Level 5 Feb 14, 2018

I think I gonna need a notebook for this one. But I like hobby lobby. The food places I seldom junk food. But I don't consider myself a soldier against religion or even anti god. I am just Not available to any religion or any concept of a god. Not at war. But that does not mean that boycott of a business that is deserving is a bad thing for our agenda.

Wow! Glad I found this thread. Most of the ones I try to stay away from have already been mentioned. Soda Stream is in the occupied territories in Palestine. @MsOliver I know exactly what you're talking about with Wal-Mart being the only place in town. Sometimes this 'free-market' economy doesn't give us much choice. @silvereyes I know you live in Okie-land so this probably isn't an option for you but I try to buy from union companies and, when I can afford it, co-ops.

My mother's side of the family is from western Kansas. When I'd visit her in Dodge City if you wanted to buy something it was hard not going to Wal-Mart.

Where are you in Okie-land? My mother's in Eufala (sp?).

I think that's where my mother's cousin is. Next time I talk to my mother I'll ask her what town.

I despise Apple, They dole out their stupid little improvements on their products little by little to lure buyers to buy new products ( they probably had these improvements from the beginning )but take away other capabilities at the same time .For instance to get a thinner iPad you get a lower performance battery .They take away a headphone jack so you have to buy a blue tooth headphone jack .They lie about battery life of products .Their stated battery life is when it’s brand new .After a few months it’s CRAP. Their products are over priced and never discounted .They remove some apps ( like YouTube ) from products such as older Apple TVs so you have to get a new Apple TV to get the app back There is much more to bitch about but I am allready boring you

I don't ever eat fast food , but Jimmy John's is one. I've seen too many photos of him posing next to his "trophies" - dead Giraffe, Rhino, etc.

Places that have religious music playing. Ugh

If you can, avoid buying bottled water. You're supporting companies like Nestle, that want to privatize water. They, and others, are also over-pumping water from sensitive aquifers all over the country.

Any company that leaves the United States for cheaper labor and bigger profits. There is not enough good paying jobs anymore.

Holiday Inn for its star of Bethlehem on its logo and its forced devotions on all employees at staff meetings.

I don't think In and OUt isn't aggressively hostile. The bible versus on their cups and packaging is like junk mail. just don't read it. If they donated money to fanatic causes, like Hobby Lobby or Chick-Fil-A, then I'd say boycott them, but I have heard nothing of the sort.

I still avoid Carl's Jr. because the founder was so anti-gay, even if th kids have changed the policy.

I also avoid Coors beer. They donate to Christian anti-gay causes.

I try to avoid Koch Industries products too.

Domino's pizza is just another hobby lobby and let's not forget the pillow guy on TV with the cross hanging from his neck who recently had to pay a fine for doing something illegal with his business.

MyPillow?

I think in a way it's a lot easier to make mention of the places that are good to shop at. For groceries I prefer Costco, Winco or Kroger. If I must purchase cheap furniture or home goods, Ikea can be great. 🙂

I bet these company only print the "PLEASENT" verses on their packaging. What about all the raping and slavery the bible endorses?!

Someone else already said it, but it bears repeating: Papa John's, because, seriously, fuck John Schnatter for his partisan lies and scapegoating.

Hobby Lobby

Anything owned by the Koch brothers

GwenC Level 7 Nov 21, 2017

Amen

It's not agnosticism/atheism but the founder of Jimmy Johns sandwiches (he lives about a mile from me) and his sons like to go big game hunting for sport in Africa.
I'm pretty sure if you Google them you can see pictures of them with the beautiful animals they've killed.

Cracker Barrel and Hobby Lobby

Marz Level 7 Nov 21, 2017

I have been using this app since it’s conception.

[buycott.com]

@silvereyes Great idea! I’ve never looked for that type of campaign. You can start one.

Exxon, Sunoco, Shell, Safeway...

Anything owned by the Koch Brothers. Environmental disregulation depends on Koch Brother support of anti-regulation politicians who pitch an evangelical line to the rubes. But hey, that's just me.

The Koch brothers are despicable.

Gee zus...none of them.

Papa John's, carl Jr. And hardys, any Koch bros.. ga.pacific and their pa paper products. Like sparkle and I think boundary?

Bounty

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.