Agnostic.com

6 12

LINK The world’s oceans are speeding up — another mega-scale consequence of climate change - The Washington Post

Another side effect of adding more energy into environmental systems, which is what global warming really is.

Alternate source for this article: [ecowatch.com]

HippieChick58 9 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its not surprising.  Humans were nomatic.  We used up resources and then left for greener pastures.  Now that we number in the billions, we are no longer nomatic and having a global impact on resources and environment.  We will eventurally kill ourselves off.  That is my definition of armageddon.  

That does not surprise me in the slightest.

Noted the comment, "The Earth is our patient, and you look for symptoms of how it is reacting to 'anthropogenic' greenhouse gas forcing..." Green house gas emissions are only one part of our impact on the planet.

Another very important piece of evidence of where we are headed.

Makes sense. The tidal currents control the weather. Therefore, speed them up and it changes when and where the temperatures that are necessary to maintain present climatic conditions get altered.

I agree with it. Ever since the Viet Nam war became part of your evening meal at news time the entire world has been speeding up. Now we have shared news in an instant. The faster oceans will greatly affect our weather. Nobody cares. 😟

I don't agree that NObody cares - just that not enough do. There are still too many that are in total denial that there's anything wrong at all !
We're all riding a runaway train heading straight for the edge of the cliff ...

No access without subscribing to EU edition.

@MissKathleen Thank you.
Greater distribution of temperature must mean warmer poles (and cooler equatorial regions), contributing to faster ice melt.
Loads of weather models will have to be adjusted.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:457920
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.