Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Malls: Never mind the Internet. Here's what's killing malls - The Economic Times

I haven't been to a mall in a long time. I generally have enough "stuff" and not much time.

I just realized the last trip to the mall was so the munchkins (grandchildren) could play in the play area. Didn't spend a dime and spent fun time with the babies.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you do not pay workers enough that they can afford what you/they are making, you got real trouble, duuuuh. Lawn mowers made by .30/hour workers, then shipped here, where underemployed/unemployed apartment dwellers do not need them, is one sad example.

Haven't gone to one in years

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 18, 2020

I like malls. It's the only place I can go to watch people. I hardly ever buy anything there.

The bit that sticks out - to me, anyway - is the movement of income away from the middle of society to the top 10%. Any one individual has a limit to his needs, so if spare purchasing power is limited to 10% of the population, sales have to drop.
The "bottom line" is that a remedy is needed for the income drift.

Yes, and its not just the Malls or in the US, here in the UK the same factors are eating away at the high streets too.

Malls were a place encouraging rampant consumerism or "conspicuous consumption."

Malls suck, always have.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:460728
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.