Agnostic.com

64 9

Sexual Compatibility

How important is sexual compatibility? I have had two relationships that I have not had this. I never realized how many men have performance issues (anxiety, decreased libido, difficulty maintaining an erection, etc). I have had deep companionship’s with both of these people. Very difficult conversations and very emotional on both sides. I try to understand but ultimately I feel like I need the sexual compatibility. Thoughts?

Happyone 5 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

64 comments (51 - 64)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Open communication without judgment is key to sexual compatibility.

In my experience a lack of sexual compatibility leads to dissatisfaction, which leads to a lack of tolerance for little things, and errodes the relationship.
I have been with women who's appetite was significantly less than mine, and I did not remain satisfied. I have been with women who were repressed and rigid in only enjoying vaginal intercourse with lights out. I was soon dissatisfied.
Sexuality is a huge part of our lives, and our romantic relationships. I would no more want to be with a sexually incompatible person than I would someone who was incompatible in intelligence, who was too inarticulate to enjoy deep conversation, or whose conduct was unethical or mean spirited.

Sensual attraction is number one for me, besides good hygeine and man's ability to dress himself and wear good shoes. Attention to his personal knowledge of who he believes he is important. If you're a cowboy, be Gary Cooper, or James Dean...find your inner self! Find your style, be a rogue, or Clark Gable.

Funny... with all due Respect! That is what I'd been saying to everyone for many years... Find your Mojo, what works for you! At our age, we must be a finished product willing to explore, yes but already whole. Thank You for your post!

If I loved a woman, but something happened and her vag stopped working, I'd flip her over.

If intercourse became impossible, she would need to take on the cheerleader and helper role.

My point being that effort and attitude can make a bleak situation better.

Sexual compatibility is critical unless both parties are about 85 years old. I mean really, if I live to be that old who in the hell would want to have sex with my monkey-ass looking face? I'm thinking probably no one and I can't blame them. I will be all shriveled up and funky- that includes my dick- and if I make it to 85 the only thing I want to do in bed is to be smothered with a pillow.

MikeM Level 3 Mar 30, 2018

I would say it doesn't have to be there for everyone. However i am very physical & need healthy mutual stimulation .. sex is important personally.

It's a very important part of a relationship. I miss having a sexual connection and anticipation of sharing and pleasing each other. I've never had a partner who had issues with sexual performance but have often wondered what would happen if they did. I would like to think I would help them through it. If it wasn't curable I would like to think that I would stay with them. I would leave if they had cancer. However, I the physical connection so having a good and mutually pleasurable sex life is important. Hummmm I hope I'm never faced with this issue. Currently... I have no sexual partner so maybe it would be better to have some sex with a partner with issues... LOL Kidding.

I have been in a relationship where every other thing was perfect. We were compatible in choices of activities, serial TV, movies, books, art, philosophy, even sleepling habits. She was beautiful, and found me visually appealing. There was passion for each others hearts and minds, and we dif love each other romantically.
However, we were not compatible sexually. Actually, it would be more accurate to say we were compatible pheremonely. We would be totally turned on, until we began to kiss. It was vaguely like kissing my sister. Her breath was sweet, her touch soft and urgently sensual, she moved and kissed and touched me just as I enjoy it most. And nothing. She exerienced the same thing.
We tried several times over a couple frustrating months of dating. We were so good on every level, neither of us wanted to give up. But we knew that we both need romantic sensual sexual intimacy and that denied that we would soon begin to resent the other.
It does matter. A lot.

Very important ... I was married for a long time and though there was a degree of sexual comparability frost the first half of 25 years it completely vanished. Even the evocation of the topic and what solutions could be found was off the table.
At some stage I asked my wife why she would, despite her disinterest, hold the monopoly over my sexuality. I quoted, in this context, our state government that had canceled a French company's mining lease on the grounds the leaseholder showed no intention of exploring the allocated area. Over several years no explorative drills had been carried out.
Somehow I failed to emphasize the connection to our sexlife and we ended up having an interesting discussion on mining and its impact on the environment.

It is important but elusive. I did have a 10 year relationship where we were very compatible but drinking got in the way. I have never found anyone that is fulfilling on every level the sexual part comes after some emotional relationship. It is difficult to move on when something does not work but necessary to maintain some mental peace.

Very important for me; I enjoy it and am not shy about it but I have to be attracted to him. If Im not satisfied, I share with him my concerns with solutions and give him time to decide if he is okay with it. If not, then I move on. Thats a dealbreaker.

There is no need for profound philosophical statements on this topic, is there? Keep it simple; "Never mind the cries of passion do it doggy fashion."....LOL

Oh me too for sure. the amount of woman with hangups about there body or that wants me to do everything. I don't think I've ever had sexual compatibility as it goes. I don't want a woman to have sex with me because she feels like that's what she should do to please me and I don't for sure want woman who fakes orgasms either. I would rather they just said they didn't feel like it right now which is a fair comment. why fake it when you can experience more orgasms ad or put up with something you don't feel like. I don't need sexual relief from a woman as I have a right hand and enjoy that too. I have a problem it seems with intercourse and that is I have trouble coming and there's no literature on what to do about that. there is on trying not to come too quickly. I thought I would be every women's dream to have a stiff cock for hours as long as they don't mind taking charge too but oh no. I like change and being spontaneous. what does "I don't like sex in the morning even mean"I might be strange but I like sex when I'm fucking horny. the other unusual thing is I still get a boner at the drop of a hat which can be a pain in the ass lol but seriously it can. I'm quite a highly sexed person even at 57 so its monkey smashing time every morning just about on average. I don't need a woman but id love to have one to indulge with. it sounds like I'm bullshitting and excuse the pun, blowing my own trumpet but it couldn't be further than the truth. personally, I've found my sexual libido to be a bit of a curse really.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.