Agnostic.com

13 1

LINK Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife, claims scientist | Daily Mail Online

I found this theory of biocentrism as odd as nosense. I read the article and I cannot help thinking how an estimeed scientist can do such esoteric claims.
For the ones who know how the scientific world goes, this professor has an h-index of 67 and >25K citations.
It's not an idiot according to his scientific output, but I cannot believe this.

Hysoka 4 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

IF you accept the Notion
YOU still need to prove it
OR you are holding a bias because you LIKE the notion

Biocentrisim says LIFE created the universe
That conciousness is life
but seems to ignore that conciousness requires life to exist
You don't have conciousness without a brain

So which came first the chicken or the egg?
Conciousness or life?
To assert Conciousness came first is to make an assertion you cannot prove
It is as unfalsifiable as God
BUT likely to make you a bestseller

My forum name should be comment enough.

There is no accounting for what we may sometimes believe and pursue. I would have to have my doubts that Quantum Physics has anything to say about such an esoteric set of conceptions.

IDRTA but this reminds me of NovaPBS' series a few years back, one episode being "Quantam Leap" which had me in tears. I need to watch that one again. It's been awhile.

Well, you don't have to believe it. If you are not convinced by his arguments, you are free to reject them en keep your own opinion/vision. No big deal, I would say. Sometimes it's smart to write down why you are not convinced by certain arguments. It's not an issue of believing or not-believing.

Gert Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

I know there is, I aw my grandfather in the bathroom mirror, after he passed over an my grandson was sitting in the back seat and called my name I looked up and he was sitting there smilling. iam a psychic medium

I always have a big problem with anything that starts with "Quantum physics proves" or "Science proves". The only thing they prove is Horseshit exists.

Never forget, folks: if it's in the Daily Mail, it's probably not worth reading - which is why Wikipedia no longer accepts it as a reliable source in citations.

Often known as the Daily Fail on account of its very poor journalistic standards, and the Daily Heil or Daily Fascist due to its political stance which verges on far-right and is often openly racist, it's a paper aimed at the small-minded dregs of society and will print just about any old crap.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 30, 2018

Succinctly put 🙂

Absolute quackery!

You don't believe Einstein and the Laws of Thermodynamics, that everything, including you, is made of energy, which can't be created or destroyed, and that time and space are only an illusion?
We have always existed and will always exist in some energy form.

Whether or not the cells can be changed in a person's brain does not alter the fact that most people with the exception of those who are colour blind or blind see the sky as blue. No doubt there drugs that temporarily alter the perception of the colour of the sky or objects but they do not alter the colour of the sky or the objects. Quantuam Mechanics has been adopted and continues to be spouted by those who have abandoned traditional religions for scientific fantasy.

"Lanza, from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina, continued that as humans we believe in death because 'we've been taught we die', or more specifically, our consciousness associates life with bodies and we know that bodies die".

I have never encountered a disembodied consciousness or mind. As far as I am concerned that article is complete hogwash and may appeal to those who wish to appear scientific in their thinking but actually are holding on to a religious belief.

Don't be too impressed with citations. It isn't that hard to get citations if you are in a sweet spot of research. Further, many "respected scientists" are idiots at there core. Being good at science is kinda like being good at chess, just because you can calculate, doesn't give you any special insight into the universe. Edward Teller (way over rated by the way), Ben Carson and Freeman Dyson come to mind.

I would immedately dismiss this given the source. The Daily Mail is a conservative shrill rag. I would also add that any scientist who has claimed to "prove" anything is clearly not one. I hope that is The Daily Mail's take and not the so called scientist's claim.

I read the article, it strikes as doppy metaphysics to me. Remember the Noble Prize winning physicist Brain Josephson? I saw him give a talk on this very topic when I was a graduate student in Physics at UM. All of the physics professors walked out. It was an embarresment for Josephson who had clearly blown his junction. As my office mate at the time said: "Porch light's on but nobody's home!"

MDs love to read things into quantum physics, it's a great money spinner!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.