Agnostic.com

13 1

Does it really matters to know how the Universe came to existence?

Ameer 3 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm more concerned about what's for dinner.

I don't think I will ever know in my lifetime how the universe came together. We are only one universe. There are many. Ours is the Milky Way. Andromeda is close. I have not learned them all and I imagine there are a few they have not found yet.

Yes it matters to a huge segment of the scientific community ,Astrophysics,Astronomer, And Most inportant The branch of Cosmology to name a few

I am an astrologer, so it matters to me. I am NOT however going to put the stars under a microscope for a skeptic or non believer. You believe as you will. I believe as a I will. The depth of Astrology is as in depth as the cosmos and I cannot sum it up accurately in a paragraph. I have hundreds of books on it and would and could buy more. Because of the complexity of Astrology and the stars and different universes, you want to learn them, more power and I think that is great. I an not attempting to educate anyone on the intricate network of the stars. NOW NO MORE.

Physics, of which the big bang is a part, is possibly the singular most important science. It is the science of how things work, and why they do what they do.

This is not something we want gaps in our knowledge in. We have them, but we want to know as much as possible.

Most definitely,because solving a single scientific fact can have a domino effect and lead to many more discoveries and answer other unanswered questions . But it depends on the individual .If you are a complacent theist you would not care or believe any evidence any way.

I don't see its importance for now. there are enough problems with the planet we live on and plenty more to understand right here.

Knowing how the universe came to exists...maybe would help us to change the way we do things.

No, I like the mystery of it.

As a species, it is important to know how the universe csme in to existence, because it will help us understand where we are headed.
Besides, sometimes, science, just for the sake of science, is very cool. ????

Ultimately it doesn’t. It changes nothing. Existence is without meaning. Accept it and move on to important matters: family, love and the pursuit of truth.

Physics is the pursuit of truth.

...and wow, just wow, nihilistic much?

Nihilistic? Not really. Existentialistic, yes. As for the pursuit of truth, physics is not it. Math and logic are the only truth.

Nope.

Zster Level 8 Nov 22, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4659
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.