Agnostic.com

5 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always thought you could prosecute anyone for identity theft. Maybe not. According to agencies that claim to protect your identity some idiot claiming to be you in a stater you have never lived in will cause his creditors to come after you bigtime. OK, wake up. You have proof you were you and have always been you. The other idiot has only been you for 10 years or so. Who was he before he became you? It looks like a no-brainer to me.

This is new. I always assumed States could prosecute people for stealing someone's identity.

A way to weasel out of being racist

Oh brother..🙄🙄🙄

@SeaGreenEyez . . . from the written SCOTUS decision :

The Kansas identity-theft
statute criminalizes the “using” of any “personal identifying
information” belonging to another person with the intent to
“[d]efraud that person, or anyone else, in order to receive
any benefit.” Kan. Stat. Ann. §21–6107(a)(1). “[P]ersonal
identifying information” includes, among other things, a
person’s name, birth date, driver’s license number, and Social Security number.

Why should the states be prevented from prosecuting violation(s) ?

@SeaGreenEyez Regardless, it is still fraud.

@SeaGreenEyez The DID rule that states CAN prosecute fraud. Why shouldn't they ?

@SeaGreenEyez Unlike the SCOTUS, your opinion is just that.

@SeaGreenEyez and the award for quickest and most devious moving of the goal posts goes to...(drum roll please)...@FearlessFly

@LenHazell53 . . . actually it was the SCOTUS, but hand-over my reward 😛 or was that, for you, a comforting lie 🙂

@SeaGreenEyez OK, but I cannot steal the identity of someone who does not exist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:466442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.