Agnostic.com

5 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am staying home because it is the right and smart thing to do.

TY. It is long but so well captioned it is easy to get to the salient points. Readers Digest condensed version in plain New Jersey speak - stay the fuck home asshole!!

Lets try this. In the USA there are 360 million. If one percent are hospitalized, how many is that?
And can the hospitals handle that load? NO.

Is that what his long-winded post was about? Those figures can apply world wide. China responded awe inspiringly, by building a stack of new hospitals in around one month, using cutting edge prefab techniques.
However, they are a special case. I have no idea how rapidly the US could deploy state run hospitals.

Bloody hell! I had to give up. The post is all about "me", how perspicacious I am, and so forth. Whatever valuable information there may be in there, it has been diluted to become less effective than a homeopathic solution.

@maturin1919 Could it not have been stated concisely What does the reader care about the long preamble? It only serves to turn him away
It certainly repelled me.

@maturin1919
How much of this is pertinent? Could it not have been condensed into, say, 25 words?"
Whats worse, the author then continues with a long, rambling recounting of what he and his family are doing.
The real crux of the matter is that Italy has an almost 4% death rate, Spain is even higher at 4.5%. China was much lower. The common factor? Reaction time before a full quarantine was enforced.
The maths? The exponential curve of 1.5 to the power of n, where n is the delay period in days.

This post is a little long, but it has been viewed 2.9M times in less than 36 hours. You should read it, too. It’s critical that you understand the math regarding the pandemic that is unfolding.

This is a long post addressing two underlying issues with the current response to the pandemic that leave me concerned. It’s the longest post I’ve ever written.

For those of you not taking action, or believing the pandemic to be “over hyped” I can tell you this is not hype. It’s math. And you need to understand it.

WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE 5 MINUTES TO READ AND CONSIDER THE INFORMATION I AM SHARING:

For those of you who don’t know me well, I am analytical and metered. I don’t freak out nor do I respond emotionally. I also don’t post a bunch of bullshit or political or controversial stuff on Facebook. I founded and am CEO of a successful software company that provides SaaS based data, analytics, and dashboards to recruiting departments at companies we all know. As you would expect, I am data driven and fact based. Before founding my company I held executive roles leading very large recruiting teams at some of the world’s fastest growing companies such as Starbucks and Google. At Google I was fortunate enough to report to Sheryl Sandberg before she took the Facebook COO role. I was a Chemical Engineering major in college and have a business degree from a top undergraduate business school. I am not one for hyperbole or histrionics. My bullshit factor is close to zero.

I share all this personal information only to help you understand that I am not a journalist, and I’m here to tell you the whole truth about what is happening with the pandemic and explain the math in simple terms, because that’s why many people do not understand what is happening with the pandemic to the degree required.

Now that I’ve gotten the introduction out of the way, here are two issues I want to bring to everyone’s attention.

@maturin1919 Maybe. But in targetting the nitwits he alienates the intelligent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:471942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.