Agnostic.com

23 5

Favorite snack foods?

What do you choose for snacks? My go-to used to be cheese and crackers or bread and olive oil (a good chewy artisan bread or home-baked) and high-quality EVO. But since having to go GF, my snacks have of necessity changed. Now my snacks are items such as apples and peanut butter, lactose-free yogurt, homemade GF cookies, and my latest find, Dang's onion chips. (Those are so good I have to restrain myself from eating the entire bag at one sitting.)

BookDeath 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

......all of the candy

Humus. Cheap to make and takes all manner of flavours.
Leftover fried beans.

I stopped eating meat and most wheat and grain products about a year ago. Some of my favorite snacks are cashew nuts, beet chips and garbanzo bean snacks. I also try to resist but still end up eating cheese with crackers made from rice and/or nuts or other alternatives to wheat.

I like to eat salads a lot for lunch & add beans mixed with a vinegar dressing as well as walnuts and vegetables.

Popcorn, mixed nuts, corn chips, or chocolate (really dark choclate)

I'm all or nothing so I don't fuck about with just a couple of anything.

??

Trader Joe's dried Chile mango and all the cheese!! (but not together.)

Crisps or chips as they are known in the US . I get withdrawal s even though they have no proper addictive qualities

Actually the salt/fat/sugar combination affects the same part of the brain as narcotics do.

Rice crackers/wasabi mix/dried apricots/snapea crisps/baked vegetable chips

My go to snack is usually watermelon chunks, roasted unsalted peanuts, or. That's it fruit bars.

When I'm being good, bananas, oranges, apples, pineapple, grapes, baby carrots, celery w/peanut butter.

When I'm being naughty, ice cream, chips (I love Cheese-Its) cookies, chocolate Reese's.

It'd probably be easier and perhaps a shorter list if I told you the unfavorite snack foods of mine.

dates and ginger

Fresh bread, good cheese and a bowl of olive oil with balsamic vinegar in it.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

Yum!!!

GF?

Cold foods in the summer and hot ones in the winter. Cheeses, crusty bread, Greek olives, grapes and homemade dipping sauces. Or a diverse fruit platter are go to favorites!

@BookDeath thanks!

Tacos rich with lettuce, onion, olives, sour cream, and lots of chile sauce

Twinkies and many other forbiddens

clementines, bananas, apples and peanut butter.

Reeses peanut butter cups, but usually I have to settle for a banana.

My favorites are not exactly the same as what I choose the most. I would be fat and clogging my arteries if I ate my favorites as much as I want. Those are...doughnuts, French fries, and ice cream. Since I want to stay alive and keep my "girlish" figure, lol, I eat this very sparingly. My go-to snacks change up some, but popcorn, apples, certain cold breakfast cereals, broccoli, and bean dip on corn chips are some.

Mixed nuts. The deluxe ones sans peanuts.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

What ever's in the cupboard 🙂

Bombay mix is my recent favourite

I have a very low carb, high protein and medium fat diet as a bariatric patient. So I keep around cheeses, salamis and other deli meats, jerky, nuts, avocados, whole grain crackers (like Wasa), peanut butter. I also like pork rinds, since they are all protein and fat. Also dark chocolate as well as protein snack products like Kay’s or SimplyProtein and Quest.

Hummus and Wheat Thins. What is wrong with gluten?

@BookDeath Yuck. Shell fish does that to me,

@BookDeath I have an allergy to chemicals used in food such as extending shelf life. I discovered this after a microwavable Hormel's spaghetti dinner sent me to the hospital with analeptic shock. I do not eat microwavable, convenience or fast food. Sometimes it's a detective show when your body turns on you two or three days later.

@Angelface I don't eat fast food, but I work it.

@BookDeath Have you tried ghee? It seperate all the milk solids from the butter. All the taste, none of the lactose! 🙂

@AdorkableMe Wal-Mart or at Trader Joe's?

@Sarahroo29 I'm sure TJ's, not sure about Wal-Mart, health food stores often have, It's sold in jars probably in the ethnic section at regular grocery stores.

@AdorkableMe So it's butter or milk we are talking about? Whole Foods would have it. I want to make a trip there. I live close to one. I'll look for it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.