Agnostic.com

9 10

LINK New Zealand passes law decriminalising abortion - BBC News

It's almost painful watching other nations evolve while we are in a downward spiral of devolution.

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A backward theocracy leaps forward towards secular medicine

One step closer toward humanity.

Wow progress

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 19, 2020

My family and I are looking at the immigration policy and procedures.

Great news.. Maybe American politicians will follow suit in a few decades

Wait, the progressive, forward thinking nation of New Zealand only now in the year 2020 had their Row v. Wade moment?

@SeaGreenEyez How so? Until this law was passed abortion was a crime in New Zealand, just as it was in many US states prior to Roe v. Wade, 47 years ago.

@SeaGreenEyez Thank you for spelling it out so clearly. I am deeply troubled by the direction we're heading in this country. I have never accepted that men--usually older white men--should have the authority to determine what women do with their bodies.

@SeaGreenEyez Theocracy? Christian Sahria? Now that is truly is a scary thought! I'd be interested in the constitutional argument that would allow for such a trampling on the First Amedment and subsequent judicial rulings.

My greatest concern about stacking the courts with litmus tested judges in a post Kelo v. City of New London and Citizens United v. FEC reality is that wealth and power will be further concentrated, and that the powerless will be further screwed.

As other countries move forward we in the USA move backward.

About time..

Oh, don't worry. We have the mighty CAPTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNNN COVFEFEEEEEE in charge....unless this "liberal hoax" manages to be his undoing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:472380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.