Agnostic.com

16 6

LINK Other retailers closing during pandemic – not Hobby Lobby

"We serve a God who will Guide us through this storm, who will Guard us as we travel to places never seen before, and who, as a result of this experience, will Groom us to be better than we could have ever thought possible before now," Essential? IYO?

#god
IAJO163 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh ffs...it's all about the Benjamins. I have never set foot in a Hobby Lobby, never shall. Its owner is infected with ignorance and does everything he can to spread it around.

I think it's time to board them up. Cin oh lounge did not close so they did. Best thing to do do not support them. Take business elsewhere

I think I been inside a Hobby Lobby once in my whole life. And will probably never go again. What does this chain contribute to everyday life that matters? Oh yeah, Corona Virus! Another reason to never go there.

People come in for nonessential medical things. Irregular periods. That knee pain they've had for 30 years. Followup on benign findings. Stay HOME. This isn't a political thing, it's a virus. I've had several people tell me no one has died. I've had several people tell me it's a hoax. Maybe that's easy to say, when you aren't having to deal with people all day long and you get to stay at home.

I haven't set foot in that store since they took a stand against women's rights several years ago.

The Hobby Lobby god will protect them. That god is green and in him they trust.

The Embalmer will groom you, unless the # of dead requires trenches, bulldozers, & lime.

The hug will spread through those places like a brushfire. The average customer touches everything they see, and hygiene is not exactly their forte. I can't count the number of people hacking and sneezing in there on a good day, or the number of young mothers picking up dropped pacifiers from the floor and shoving them straight into jrs mouth in that place. They used to be the only place for art supplies within a 4 hour round trip until 3 years ago.

I haven't been to Hobby Lobby for years and don't intend to anytime soon. Their rationale for staying open is ludicrous.

I will say, for people stuck at home, being able to get some craft materials is not a bad thing. My daughter was very happy a fabric store stayed open, so she could do some sewing projects.

Amazon.com/smile?

And Michael's

Dangerously ignorant money-grubbing fuckwits.

More crazy religious people, or hobby lobby looking to make money.

Not either/or, but both.

I will take that "grooming us to be better" comment as a tacit acceptance of Darwinian evolution. For when a population is exposed to a lethal pathogen, and those with lower natural immunity are removed from the gene pool, the surviving group is, in a way, better. Being composed of resistant individuals, the group is better able to withstand that pathogen. Of course, there is a better way of achieving such resistance: it's called a vaccine, and it does not require the untimely deaths of many community members. The Hobby Lobby people would probably object to my interpretation of their statement. Oh well.

Oh, don't let him hear you say that! LOL!!!

Lets see how this turns out for the employees and customers.

I have refused to enter a hobby lobby store for years, ever since they brought suit about having to pay for birth control.
Also, they supported that bogus bible museum.
For a critique of that museum go to

This critique is done by FFRF (Freedom from Religion Foundation).

Also I remember hearing at the time that the company had investments in the morning after pill. Hypocrites!

Sayonara SUCKERS...couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ASSHOLES...

Evangelical Assholes

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 24, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:475005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.