Agnostic.com

9 1

Are there any cricket fans?

An Australian friend got me into cricket, which consistently is harder to find fans/games in the US than it is to find atheist/agnostic friends.

Fulishsage 6 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I tried them once, but I think grasshoppers taste better...

I like crickets! They sound nice! Lol but no, really I've never even seen a game of cricket, not much of a sports fan in general tho except maybe some mma

Byrd Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

Intrigued, but I just never got around to it. On an overseas flight, I sat next to a guy from India who explained it to me, strategies, etc... But I just never got around to checking it out. Don't have cable. I guess I'll look for a Roku channel- I'll be reconnecting/resetting my Roku(s) in a few weeks.

MikaB Level 5 Apr 3, 2018

OHHHH NOHHHH The only cricket match I ever enjoyed was the clip where the man took his clothes off and ran accross the holy ground of Lords.

Not to uncommon in cricket

This is a bit long winded but it may help those who struggle with the rules of cricket 🙂

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Sorry, don't understand the game. One of the great mysteries in the universe.

I'm an American (Yank), so of course it seems i am not really capable of understandign the game... accordign to depictions in novels anyeays.

I'm a Yank too, but I love the game.

@Fulishsage I kind of suspect that Americans modified it into our baseball.

A friend from Newcastle is a cricket referee. He took me to a cricket match on a sunny afternoon that lasted for years. Never been so bored in my life.

Nothing much happened for some hours, then Al ask me if I wanted TEA. No thanks, not a tea drinker. Al goes away and comes back with sandwiches and beer. I ask, why didn't you bring me a beer. He says, I ask and you said no., No Al, you ask if I wanted tea. I did not want tea but I would love a sandwich and a beer.

Then, without much going on the sides switched. What happened? The captain declared. Declared what?

Then some more time went by and both teams walked off the pitch. What’s going on Al? Is it over?

No, finished for the day, it is a 3 day test match. Starts over tomorrow.

Which lead me to, The British think cricket is a game, I think life is a game.

You pretty much just summed up the game of cricket. It's kinda like fishing and not catching, just there for the good time.

i've been trying to find a jai alai fronton around here.. that'd be cool!!! supposed to be one around dallas but not sure how it is going

I played that when I was a kid. Not sure if we played it right but it was fun.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.