Agnostic.com

25 1

Do you celebrate Easter?

I love Easter it’s like a mini Christmas. We do the basket hunt eggs and do the family dinner. We leave out all the religious bullshit. How do you celebrate Easter?

• 28 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 0 votes
Donto101 7 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I celebrate spring and the turning of the season. When my children were younger, they did more culturally mainstream things like egg hunts and dying eggs. Not really a big deal and they don't have a lot of religious knowledge about what Christians are celebrating. We will have a seasonal dinner, maybe at a table. And there will be candy that I got for 1/2 price. I think we treat it a similar fashion to Valentine's Day. The way I see it, life is too short to not celebrate things. So even if it is not my celebration, I will join in and celebrate with others.

We used to do the usual easter things without the religion but now all the kids are adults so we don't anymore

I celebrate Easter like the early Christians did: I steal a body, tell everyone it rose from the dead, and try to make a religion out of it.

Uuum... what do you with a body every year? ( 😉 )

Lmao so you pull a weekend at Bernie’s type thing.

Not a religious holiday, but a fun one if you love chocolate!

The parts without Zombie Jesus. The pagan egg stuff and what not. Without the jesus stuff it's practically secular as I am not praising any pagan gods either 😀.

I colored some eggs, bought some chocolate, a kinderegg for each 'kid' for the silly toy, and will make a large lunch for us here in a bit. No egg hunt today though a. its cold and b. my kids are now adults so they a bit old for that now... but we did it every year they were small.

I live alone so Easter is just another day for me. Perhasps if I had a wife and children at home I would do it like you do, but nothing religious.

Well, let's say "yes' because I dyed eggs so I could use the leftover dye to color wool which I spin into yarn. It's a tradition I started. I also bought two bags of chocolates which I gave to my grandson;and his girl friend as they came downstairs this morning. And I planted peas while freezing my hands outside off the porch. Celebratiion? No. Tradition: yes. Doing my own thing? That's what I always do. Cute pictures!

We celebrate Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving, but in our own way.

I will admit to buying chocolate at half-price today, though. 🙂 Otherwise, nope.

We are old enough that we can ignore it completely, meaning grown daughter who is also atheist, therefore no need to continue the lie. Only inconvenience was that I could not play racquetball Sunday afternoon.

As a Father I did. As a Loving Partner I did. Now, on my own... nothing to celebrate but I did the calls and texts.

What's not to celebrate?

A time of year to share chocolate. Now, whilst I apprecaite that share and chocolate shouldn't really occur in the same sentence, it's only once a year, so why not?

😉

I just worship and eat the food.

I'm only in for the Dark Chocolate Bunny..mmmmm

My roommate made dinner - we didn't even eat at kitchen table - lol

Don't celebrate anything... I don't even go to weddings

No though its my birthday tommorrow and I might celebrate it - I am glad that the days are getting warmer appreciative of the wee robins that are not scared of me and come and fly past- love getting out in the garden but for me just another day except that Ballycastle where I live is a seaside town and is now full of bikers revving up their silver machines which is a bit disconcerting for me as I have hyperacusis.

We do take advantage of he sales on ham, but the only real celbration on this day is that we are free of religion.

This particular year (2018) I do take an extra bit of delight in the fact that April Fool's Day falls o the same day as Easter.

I'm single but when I was a couple we did not. Sometimes would go to the family Easter Sunday meal and before I left home my mom did the best Easter Sunday dinner ever. A couple of the aunts and uncles on mom's side of the family would come and it was fun having them visit. Dad's side was pretty catholic (my Dad broke with religion at a young age) and not fun.

So far today, I have not had to participate in any of the day's "festivities".
Talked to my aunt though. She was fixin' to head to the cemetery to visit the graves
of dead relatives. I love her to death, but shake my head at that nonsense.

I don't even visit the graves of my mother or my sister. What would be the point? Maybe look at the headstones and agree that they are still dead.

@DenoPenno Last weekend, she took palm crosses. She said my grandmother didn't talk to her. Most of the time, I really don't know if she believes they talk to her, or if she's being facetious. .It's all I can do to keep myself from saying "the dead don't talk".

@KKGator At an ex wife's grave in Texas the wind chimes will sound in the trees and my stepkids might say "that's mamma." I quit going. It's the wind.

I celebrate the made-up holidays with alcohol and screwing.

Sure, the old fashioned way, with gardening and copious amounts of sex.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.