Agnostic.com

19 3

Have you ever performed in front of a crowd? If so, what did you do?

I was a soloist for a concert with a symphony orchestra. This was back in college when I was a music major.

SteveB 7 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was a stage actor for years. I havent fine anything in a couple though. I volunteered at a community non for profit arts education facility for about 6 years. We focused on theatre and how it ties so many arts together. Done of my best memories come from the stage, and it has helped improve my career.

Still doing it from time to time, right now I'm performing in a production of 'Annie' with Ardmore (OK) Little Theatre. Fun show. Nearly 60 people in the cast. Theatre folks are pretty much my 'family' and my primary social outlet.

I've done theater work. I have about fifty or so shows under my belt.

Several times. I've given speeches (as an adult), and I've performed as as rapper with back up dancers (as a teen)

Play in a Celtic band. Always am part of the band, and as a group, am not doing it by myself. Was in a couple of plays way back, gave it a try, but not my thing. Did sing bass in our church choir, but again, just part of the group.

We mostly get our songs from two free sites that have the music in pdf files. We don't write any new songs.

I played guitar in rock bands for years. Put the guitar on the back burner for the last ten years or so but my kids are grown and on their own, I am going back to college and planning to pay the bills singing and playing small clubs restaurants. Excited.

Many times. I've sung in amateur and semi-professional choirs as well as acted and sung in community and regional musical theater.

I've been a a few plays at various colleges. Acting is a lot of fun. I wanted to be an actor, but I am partially blind, so outside of colleges, I never landed a role.

Mostly impromptu, forced to perform while waiting for the guest speaker. The most memorable was when in senior high school in 1972 I sang 2 songs with a borrowed guitar:

"Your Song" by Elton John

and

Father and Son" by Cat Stevens

Nothing that I can think of since elementary school (a kindergarten play and a dumb magic act years later).

I've done several different forms of performing. When I was a kid and my parents, mostly my father, forced me into going to church, I was in the kids and youth choirs. In high school, I was in a play, and was also on the Quiz Bowl team. In undergrad, I performed in a run of "Look Homeward Angel" and in Grad School, I did Model UN.

I used to work in a Students Political Federation.
So I always had to talk or make speeches in front of people. So I am not worried about stage fear and all.

I have sung, danced , played violin , and some done some street plays and dramas as well..

Preached for a while when I was in college, small congregations.Those days are long gone. Performed with the chorale, show choir, and in plays while in college. Now active in community theatre. Have made speeches before fairly large audiences.

I remember seeing a play when I was in elementary school and thinking "I'll be the lead on that stage one day!" Several years later, I was! It's been a long time since I was on stage for either theatre or dance and I think it's time for me to get back to it.

Get involved in community theatre. If not onstage to begin with, most are generally seeking volunteers for other tasks, backstage, front of house, box office, set construction and decoration, PR, ushers, etc.

Back in the day (early nineties) I was in the Christian music scene... Did a Canada/US tour to promote our tape. Got a standing O from a crowd of 6,000. (Maybe they felt sorry for us?) Rubbed shoulders with big names. Now I just play in a garage band (NOT Christian!) once a week solely for the social aspect. Performing in front of people these days would give me diarrhea.

I was serious into music when I was younger. I was/am a rapper and while I hate being cocky my music is the one I'm most cocky about. I was really good at it and performed many times and many different venues. I still am very good at it but life has taken me down a different path. I hope to make some more music soon. Here is a good sample...

[reverbnation.com]

[reverbnation.com]

2nd link has my remix to Amilli by Lil Wayne

I like your sound! I think you may like this group called Doomtree out of Seattle. It's not exactly like your music but you may like it ????

I’m a teacher. I perform in front of crowds daily.

I have spoken before many audiences -- up to 700 people -- and led many training groups -- large and sall. In addition I have provided input and testimony before local and state government officials on many occasions.

I did lots of public speaking in my 20's and 30's. I was in a choir and orchestra when i was a teenager plus doing a few plays in my time. Nothing too extravagant but I know I have to prepare before I go in front of a crowd otherwise I tend to blank!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.