Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Evangelicals Love Donald Trump for Many Reasons, But One of Them Is Especially Terrifying – Mother Jones

OMG, they DO think that Donald is going to usher in The END TIMES.

From the outset, Trump has surrounded himself with people who hail from the fringes of the evangelical community that is steeped in the language of biblical prophecy, and his administration regularly reflects that language back to them in its messaging. In March 2017, for instance, Trump issued an official White House statement recognizing the Persian New Year in which he misattributed a quote to Cyrus the Great, the libertine pagan leader of the ancient Persian empire who was anointed by God to free Jews in Babylon. Ordinary Americans probably wouldn’t have even noticed the announcement, but evangelicals knew that Trump was speaking their language. Many of them believe Trump is like Cyrus, a flawed nonbeliever who nonetheless is chosen by God to work his miracles on Earth.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The question is whether Trump thinks he is a Christian Messiah. He is arrogant enough to have given the thought credence. Facing a trial and jail from the Ninth District if he loses 2020, he may figure he doesn't have much to lose. He's a psychopath, so all bets are off for his being a responsible human being.

I really don't think that any of the religious "leaders" believes that. They are simply lying to their followers and trying to use the position as a means of gaining political power so that they can force their stances on others.

This would be correct. The red flag would be that Persia is Iran, the perpetual enemy of USA.

Why acknowledge your adversary’s special days?

Flawed? He should be floored - by a steam roller.

Agreed!!

@Lavergne Wanna drive the roller?. I'll ride shotgun!

I still wonder what will happen when his followers start dying.

They will be looked at as martyrs to their cause.....everything for them is "god's will". 😟

@Lavergne I meant for his election votes, but of course it will be martyrdom.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:477505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.