Agnostic.com

5 2

Do homeless people get a stimulus check?

And how do they get it wothout a bank account or address?

Edit
"Single adults with Social Security numbers who have an adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less will get the full amount."
Everyone is eligible including disabled and unemployed. If you haven't filed taxes recemtly it looks from this like they my have no way of sending it so they might not get it.

Im amazed people haven't picked this up and started helping these people file returns of some kind so the can get thus money
[nytimes.com]

MsAl 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most people feel that $1,200 isn't enough to get by on. It won't help much.

For those making minimum wage, they earn $1,160 in a month,working 40 hour weeks, before taxes.

So how is it that we $7.25 per hour is a fair wage?

By the way, people who earn such an unlivable wage qualify for government assistance. This means that we the tax payers are subsidizing the living expenses of people earning minimum wage so that the companies paying that lousy wage can reap the benefits of extremely cheap labor and the public picks up the slack so that those workers are housed and fed adequately. This is another example of corporate welfare.

File your taxes use GENERAL DELIVERY ZIP+4 in care of postmaster.....endorse the check inside the bank over to a friend and s/he will hand you the cash inside the bank....stay away from predatory payday lenders and check cashing scammers in strip malls

I believe you have to have filled 2019 taxes.

That's just to have it direct deposited. If your bank info isnt on file it comes in the mail. Everyone with a SSN is eligible. This my confusion.

@MsAl

Do homeless people have an address to receive the check?

@RoboGraham True, they don't have addresses either. But according to anything I have read on it they ARE eligible. If you make less than 75000, have a social security number and are not claimed on someone else's taxes you are eligible for the full amount.

I'm confused as to why nobody is even asking about the people without without banks or addresses.

This would make a huge difference in the life of these people more than anyone else.

@MsAl

Yeah, they need it the most.

Do retired people even get one?

Everyone making less than 75000 with a SSN is eligible. Includes disabled, unemployed, people living abroad. None of the articles seem to specifically talk about homeless people although they are clearly eligible.

Yes retired people do too

Hell no! They would just waste it on food or maybe even medicine..(sarcasm).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:477597
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.