Agnostic.com

5 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In a state that has a large elderly population the irresponsibility is almost criminal.

MizJ Level 8 Apr 1, 2020

When we who have been staying at home the past weeks get better, maybe late May, I'm in favor of closing borders to those from the do-nothing states. They'll be sick long after we are better.

I have a feeling a lot of the elderly voters won't make it to the polls in Nov. I hope my friends are not among them.

Maybe it won't come to that.

It will come down to state barricading to keep the infected out. Like Lords of the Flies but with adults.

Speaking of which, I just learned the one case on Lopez was a woman from Seattle who had a vacation home here and decided to wait out the quarantine here. She had already contracted the virus. Doesn't seem any others were in contact. It's pretty bad when we have to keep our own citizens away from our small communities but that can sometimes be a simple fact of life.

@JackPedigo Pretty similar to Kittitas County, it was someone from the west side of the mountains brought it here. Seems WA state web site for tracking in our state is over whelmed and no updates since 3/28. I have not checked today. No testing like we should means no meaningful tracking so we are forced to lock people out. What a cluster fuck. On the plus side this crisis has exposed just how broken our form of democracy has become.

@silverotter11 And we all know who is 'very' responsible.

Fl. is going to be in a world of hurt.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:478522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.