Agnostic.com

9 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can you win a Darwin Award for taking others out of the gene pool?

I wouldn't think so cuz his lousy genes would still be polluting the pool.

Based on this link it looks like the Southern states are better prepared than the rest of the country.

[beckershospitalreview.com]

The lack of public money for health care infrastructure is the reason and that can be laid at the feet of their elected officials. From schools, housing and health care. The simple goal has been keep 'em uneducated, keep 'em poor and keep 'em unhealthy. Plantation mentality has never left the south but it has migrated to other areas of the country - IMHO.

I just replied to a local friend who sent me an old video made by Bill Mahr from 2012 (not a lot has changed). Again I look for underlying reasons and yours are right on. A vicious cycle is formed when these people become religious and the private schools are the main source of education.

@JackPedigo Oh GOD DAMN stupid people!! and you say that is from 2012?!?!? That right there is ALL the reason I need to realize there is no god!!
If there was a god? He would not make anything THAT stupid. Watching that makes me want to grab my head and run in circles yelling FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!

@silverotter11 Sorry, I was afraid it would be upsetting. Perhaps I should have given a warning.

Being that these are lo income areas with less health care it might get really bad 😟

MsAl Level 8 Apr 5, 2020

Here are the states, listed by hospital beds per 1000 people. I see that Mississippi has 4.0 per thousand while Krugman’s New York only has 2.7.

[beckershospitalreview.com]

Best not to stereotype.

@WilliamFleming I guess I was going by the occasional reporting I see about the south having more people on Medicaid and social services and limited access to medical care in some of the rural areas. Seems like Ive read all those things recently before this started. Probably shoulda checked my sources though.

The south shall fall again..💗

You would think that a person of Paul Krugman’s education and stature would use his position to foster unity, along with mutual respect and cooperation, especially in a time of crisis.

Krugman has a long history of hostility toward conservatives and southerners. If you look at the maps you’ll see that it’s the blue states that are the most affected by the Coronavirus so far. Paul must be a little perturbed by that and is trying to divert attention to his hated enemies. It’s childish and not worth much attention.

The blue states are most likely only affected worse so far, because they have more transport ( international ) links and more population, it will just take longer to peak in the south. Thats just silly of him.

@LimitedLight I guess someone living in NYC might look at me and my neighbors with compassion and sadness and with a condescending and elitist attitude, conclude that we are living in a food desert. I normally drive twenty miles to get groceries at Walmart, and that is nothing unusual across the country. We know how to cope.

I look with compassion and sadness at the poor souls living in large cities, especially New York, packed closely together, subject to disease, racism, crime, noise, pollution, high cost of living and exorbitant taxes. No wonder those folks are moving away in droves—and where are they going? Mostly to the South.

I had never heard of Becler either, but then I’ve never before needed to read hospital reviews.

[google.com]

@LimitedLight New York is a beautiful state, and I’m sure that New York City has its charm for those adapted to city life.

I personally prefer living in the country.

@LimitedLight What is the point? Are you saying that you lived in a food desert?

If you live in a rural area, chances are that there’s no stores close by. It’s not a problem from my perspective, but of course you do have to have a vehicle.

I just planted my spring garden, and we are still having greens from the winter garden. It is helping tremendously, what with lockdown. I’m eating a lot of cornbread made with last years Indian corn, and also I have a bag of feed wheat.

I’m feeling downright snug and happy and see no reason for despair and backbiting of the type being spread by Krugman.

Not a surprise.

Since their internet don't work on Sunday mornings.

I believe it. Southern states are dominated by evangelical conservatives who do not appreciate facts and science. I say that as a southerner.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:480762
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.