Agnostic.com

19 11

LINK CNN Host To Pastor: How Is It 'Pro-Life' To Pack People Into Church Amid Pandemic?

“We believe the science of this,” Spell told Blackwell. “However, we do have a command from God and there are no governing bodies that can tell us we cannot gather and worship freely.” How can one put this strange logic into one sentence? It's a VERY good question being asked, yes?

IAJO163 8 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd have no problem with these idiots risking their health, as long as they were all quarantined after the church gathering. But since they aren't and they are allowed to go into the community and infect others, their gathering is illegal and should not be allowed. I doubt they would agree to be quarantined after this gathering, but that should be the price and the deal offered by the local authorities to them.

If only we could be sure that only adherents will get the diease. I know that this is somewhat unkind of me. I just can't worry about people who won't follow advice. My only problem with what they are doing is that they'll spread it to the population at large.

They need to read their book of myths it says you can worship at home say prayers at home. But they can not collect tiths if they don't come in it is about greed.

Ah, but they can. Technology has taken care of that. There are many ways to donate by phone.

It seems according to all this religious dogma their god(s) save them from the horrid event that their god(s) created in the first place!!!

It’s like Jones town.

As tragic as jonestown was, it was a problem that solved itself. The reaction of fundamentalist churches to the virus is headed in the same direction. The real tragedy of course, in both instances is the loss of life to those who had or have no choice. The children.

I hope he will be jailed soon.

That's dependent upon him not having the virus, right?

Bullshit, I'm an atheist but I know the bible. They are disobeying god, tell them to read matthew 6: 1-7. In that they are commanded to pray in a room by themselves.

Jump lemmings ! Jump!

Lemmings don't actually commit mass suicide. I have no idea Disney made that a thing because it has been a real disservice to public knowledge. On the flip side, I imagine old man Disney out there with an umbrella or something trying to get the lemmings tiny niff that cliff
This link tellsna worse story about Disney: [adfg.alaska.gov]

Lemming do not do any self sacrifice!!!

Walt Disney crested that for viewership!!

Another right wing lie to that became a reality myth, one of the first Scripted reality tv shows!!!

Christians are stubborn to the end. The way they approach this pandemic is like they approach their persecution. They believe they are persecuted because their book says they will be. They remain stubborn in ways that brings on the persecution, especially in other countries. In this time of COVID-19 they claim the right to worship freely because if you limit their worship it is persecution to them. Let's go a step further and also call it stupidity.

It should (again) be pointed out the illogic of theist’s thinking (for lack of a better word). They have an all-knowing, all-seeing deity, but yet they have to gather together inside a particular building in order to worship that deity...a building which, coincidentally, I’m sure, just happens to have collection plates readily available.

My friend made an interesting comment about this, he’s pro birth, not pro life. Like most of these guys, he doesn’t care what happens to the foetus he claims is a human already after its delivered. From now on I’ll be calling these people pro birther s

Yep, that's been around. A Nun, of people, actually said it initially.

@dokala great, I didn’t know that, thanks.

If only they care as much after the individual is born!!!

@of-the-mountain yes, you’d think they’d all be foster parents and funding decent orphanages. Bottom line is they’re cowards foisting their views on women they want to have control over. Not healthy, train spotting would be a more healthy past time 😉

Insanity based on only one thing, how much money is being collected in his offertory plate, because that, when push comes to shove is all his sort care about.

In my opinion it is pro-life. Just not pro human life. Fact is the more humans the fewer there are of other non-human species therefore the term 'pro-life' is patently false.

Pro virus life? As they activate once in a host? 😉

@girlwithsmiles So a sort of non-human life forcing it's way to dominance. I try to imagine what it was like for the hunter-gatherers having to look over their shoulder for other species trying to reduce the human predators. Now, it seems the only thing trying to reduce our population is our own bad judgements.

@JackPedigo the thing is they’re certain people’s not even ours. I don’t feel part of a, ‘we’ very often.

@girlwithsmiles I wish admin had kept the sad emoji. Yes, I feel the same way.

@JackPedigo me too, the straight line face doesn’t really cut it! Best wishes.

“We were supposed to be at a million-and-a-half body bags,” he added. “We’re at 8,400. So the narrative is false.”

In other words, because people staying at home and staying away from large gatherings works, obviously it was all a lie and the disease wasn't as bad as everyone says it is.

Or, just possibly, he's taken the worst-case scenario (what would happen if we did nothing) and claimed that was the prediction for what we were expecting in the very best possible situation.

So we should be apologising that people aren’t dying quickly enough for him? Time to adjust wills and leave his church nothing...but who’s going to tell them?

I think his "command" to gather is more like a desire to continue the flow of contributions and offerings.

Idiots will self correct

A promoter of the Darwin Award

Let them kill each other for all I care!

It is natural selection, no joke. They are "pro-life" in name only. Jesus said nothing about embryos. He did talk about helping the poor yet they ignore that. That is if jesus even existed which is highly doubtful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:481000
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.